fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP (P-P-P-MP-MP) first try 30/Nov/2016.

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP (P-P-P-MP-MP) first try 30/Nov/2016.

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
7 years 4 months ago #9126

Henry ILO

Thanks Krupa for the feedback, most appreciated. Please concerning ITTOs and process flow for the 47 processes, please whats your advice? Your kind revert is most appreciated. We really need to talk. If you can share notes too, cool. Thanks. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
7 years 4 months ago #9077

Bonnie

That's a nice Document. Thanks
7 years 4 months ago #9067

Kelly Coughlin

Here is a link to Pre-Project Charter initiation:

www.mccormickpcs.com/images/Project_Init...n_Best_Practices.pdf

Google "Pre-Project Charter Activities" and you will find lots of info.
7 years 4 months ago #9066

Kelly Coughlin

This was the best post-exam write-up I have seen. Many, many thanks. I am scheduled to write the exam Dec. 22nd of 2016. For the folks that are curious about "Pre-Project Charter" activities, just google exactly that: "Pre-Project Charter Activities". You will find lots of great info. Here is one link:

www.mymanagementguide.com/project-pre-ch...ct-initiation-phase/
7 years 5 months ago #9046

Krupa Rao

Hi Edwin, my main notes from Rita/PMBOK were handwritten. (I feel it personalized when I write myself :) )

But let me see if I can take a photo of my handouts/sheets - 4 -5 pagers I created for the quick look ups.
7 years 5 months ago #9045

Krupa Rao

Hi Paul,
My prep time was 3 months -
First 2 months - 4-5 hours a day, later 10 hours a day.
I started with Headfirst (forgot to mention above. But i feel this was not needed, Rita and PMBOK is sufficient). Then Rita, cover to cover twice. Then PMBOK, ( I read once, then skimmed again). [Rest, as mentioned above, I created sheets].
I highly recommend 1+ months of mock and 1 or 2 PMStudy paid mocks for for judging your score, (Prepcast is good for practicing).
MOST IMP - Take a day after each mock to check ALL your answers. 50% learning comes from mocks, whatever you study will never be enough because books don't contain situational scenarios and exam is ONLY situational.

I recommend you think of examples when you will study "Similar tools", when to use affinity diagrams versus mind mapping, focus groups vs facilitated workshops, when to use CPIF versus CP with award .. When to use Smoothing over Collaborating. They don't give direct hints or terms.

Stakeholder Analysis - think of real examples which stakeholders you will closely manage, and which ones you will keep satisfied. Rita has such in-chapter exercises (not end of chapter) which I liked.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login