fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: 2nd Attempt Passed! Lessons Learned

2nd Attempt Passed! Lessons Learned 7 years 5 months ago #8963

• Kevin Nason
  • Kevin Nason's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18
Michael

Congrats to you!!

2nd Attempt Passed! Lessons Learned 7 years 4 months ago #8969

• Bonnie
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Michael, I'd like to hear a little more about this. You mentioned the high percentage of Situational questions. How about basic ITTO questions. If you have taken a bunch of Prepcast simulator questions, then you know of the high percentage of " Aquire Project Team has these Tools and Techniques, which one is missing?" types of questions. Did you see anything like that?
You mentioned that the first time you took it the high amount of words in questions, do you feel the 2nd attempt was easier as far as amount to read goes? Low number of EVM questions is bad for me, it's the only thing I get all correct:)
I'm terrible with time on these exams. I took 200 questions yesterday early morning, I needed all 4 hours , only had marked 2 questions, I answered one of them and ran out of time on the other, ...it was a TCPI question where you needed to figure out ECA first, or so I thought, the answer said you could do AC + BAC-EV/BAC-AC. That would have been easier.

Contgrats on the exam!

2nd Attempt Passed! Lessons Learned 7 years 4 months ago #8983

• Michael Thompson, PMP
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
I will start with the easier questions first. For EVM there were probably 3 questions total. Basic ITTO questions, I don't think there were any that specifically asked what is an ITTO in a specific process.

The second exam definitely had a lot shorter questions and answers compared to my first exam.

My personal suggestion (everyone learns different) is to work through the process flow and see where outputs are generated and where they are inputs. This allowed me to not just memorize the ITTO but it allowed me to see how processes interacted with each other and where documents/plans were inputs.
Last edit: by Michael Thompson, PMP.

2nd Attempt Passed! Lessons Learned 7 years 4 months ago #8999

• Salman Bodla
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Passed mine today too :)

2nd Attempt Passed! Lessons Learned 7 years 4 months ago #9001

• kiranmai
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi,

Can you please help me on where to start first for PMP certification?

2nd Attempt Passed! Lessons Learned 7 years 4 months ago #9006

• Mark Wuenscher, PMP
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
Kiranmai,

I would first start by logging into PMI.org website and downloading the PMP handbook which will provide you with what you need to know and do to earn your PMP certification.

www.pmi.org/-/media/pmi/documents/public...ssional-handbook.pdf

It is very important to read and understand the requirements and to be be sure you can meet the experience requirements before you put effort into earning the 35 contact hours required and begin to prepare for the exam. You really need to look at the timeline carefully.

I think that it is important to treat this effort as a project and plan your timeline carefully and stick to the plan. Best of luck to you.

Cheers,

Mark
Mark Wuenscher, PMP
Community Moderator

2nd Attempt Passed! Lessons Learned 7 years 4 months ago #9029

• Tajudeen M. Oyedele (PMP)
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13
Michael Congratulations
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login