fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Pass my PMP Exam on 8-11-2016 (2nd Try)

Pass my PMP Exam on 8-11-2016 (2nd Try) 7 years 5 months ago #8798

• Mahmoud
  • Mahmoud 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
I passed my PMP Exam only yesterday with 5 MP, It's the biggest challenged exam I had ever taken, in the same time it is easy, The following points are my little lesson learned to everyone:
1- Do not take much time in study/memorize a preparation book like RITA or PMbook (Only one time reading with highlighted notes is enough).
2- Solve as much as you can PMP exam simulator (PM sudy, PrepCast, 1000+ Questions PMP Exam Prep known as green book), study well the explanation of your wrong answers as well as the correct one you are not sure understand it.
3- Preparation course (Live or online) will save about 1.5 to 2 months of extra study than the self preparation, and it is mandatory for the PMP exam registration.
4- I answered about 2000+ PMP exam simulation questions with average grade 70 to 80%.
5- I just realized that I failed in the 1st try because of lack of Simulated answering Questions.
6- You should take at least 2 times full time exam simulation (4 hours) and it's preferably to be web based.
7- As much as you answer, you will be more familiar with PMI keywords (without memorize it) which decide the correct answer for about 75% of exam questions.
8- Time management is an important key in the exam, most of the exam taken I had met (including me) usually take to answer the first 50 questions more than 1 hour, but normally after this the questions will take less time. (It's good KPI to take 3.30 to 3.45 hours in simulated exam with minimum score of 70%).
9- Do not answer the questions by knowledge area, you have to answer general questions or by PMP cycle (Initiating, Planning, Executing, M&C and closing).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tajudeen M. Oyedele (PMP), Mark Wuenscher, PMP, Gia Fisher, John Gallina

Pass my PMP Exam on 8-11-2016 (2nd Try) 7 years 5 months ago #8805

• Mark Wuenscher, PMP
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
Mahmoud,

Congrats on passing the exam and thank you for taking the time to post your experience and lessons learned. Best wishes to you as a new PMP.

Cheers,

Mark
Mark Wuenscher, PMP
Community Moderator

Pass my PMP Exam on 8-11-2016 (2nd Try) 7 years 5 months ago #8827

• Tajudeen M. Oyedele (PMP)
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13
Congratulations.

Pass my PMP Exam on 8-11-2016 (2nd Try) 6 years 1 month ago #13444

• Mk
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
thank you for sharing this experience, iv failed 1st-time last week, now I'm trying to follow what you mentioned to solve more questions.
can you share with me the weps and software which you used ?

Pass my PMP Exam on 8-11-2016 (2nd Try) 6 years 1 month ago #13445

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I used the green book by PMI and solve 4 exams from pmstudy.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login