fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: PMP exam : Lesson Learned

PMP exam : Lesson Learned 7 years 5 months ago #8743

• AMRESH JHUNJHUNWALA
  • AMRESH JHUNJHUNWALA's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Dear friends,

I passed my PMP exam on 01/Nov/2016 with 2P & 3MP. The exam was quite difficult but all the preparation bore fruit.

I prepared for roughly 5 months, spending around 10~12hours per week. I have spent a lot of time in reading PMBoK guide and Rita PM preparation guide, might have read atleast five teams each during the preparation period. I also completed all PM-Prepcast video lessons once, they were really useful in giving clear understanding of PMBoK fundas. A month before the exam, I spent time only on giving PM Prep Exam Simulator exams. A total of 8 simulator exams I gave, scoring on an average 85% (all exams I have scored 80% above). It is very important to assess your exam result, it helps to improve a lot. Also, I spent time in completing chapter exercises for both Rita PM preparation guide & Headfirst PMP.

I believe in order to pass the PMP exam successfully, one should focus more on understanding what is meant word by word in PMBoK. It will really help rather than mugging up things.

All the best to the aspirants !!!
Amresh Jhunjhunwala
PMP, MBA, B.TECH
PROJECT MANAGER - DEFENSE PROJECTS
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dana M. Anderson, Mark Wuenscher, PMP

PMP exam : Lesson Learned 7 years 5 months ago #8745

• Mark Wuenscher, PMP
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
Amresh,

Congrats on passing the exam and thanks for taking the time to post your experience and lessons learned. Best of luck to you in all your endeavors.

Cheers,

Mark
Mark Wuenscher, PMP
Community Moderator
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login