fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed on 1st attempt 19/10 with help of PM Exam Simulator

Passed on 1st attempt 19/10 with help of PM Exam Simulator 7 years 6 months ago #8691

• Bojan Karabasevic
  • Bojan Karabasevic's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello fellow PMPs :),

here's short experience from my side:

1) i have gone through in detail, one time only, whole PMBOK, cover to cover, no rush (cca 15 days)
2) i have watched all prepcast lessons, which clarified quite some doubts. I also really enjoyed interviews with experts (i still am).
3) i have done all 8 mock exams (except ITTO) in PM exam simulator with average result 75 % in all of them. This is really helpful and most similar to the real exam, except real exam was 90 % about short situational questions and rest were formula based, pretty straightforward. Of course, most you will actually learn by revising your wrong answers, finding the link with the PMBOK guide. The way i did was to do the test in the afternoon, and in the morning (or next day) do the revision, after your brain solidifies enough... then miracle happens and logic comes back :). Also was helpful to think about all the sh.. that could be prevented back at work if at least some of the methodology was applied... Then the point really sticks.

Whole preparation journey took me some 2 months, medium pace (cca 3-4 h / day, but really regularly) , and i would point out the greatest value in the simulator itself.

I took 2 days off for the exam, nice hotel and some beers evening before + lots of sleep. The next day, fully rested, i have passed with surprisingly small amount of stress and effort , 4P and 1 MP.

There is no other way to pass this thing then to really study and understand. Exam was not as tough, perhaps they should even make it a bit more challenging. I would really be happy to see also some IQ style of questions, for the sake of the profession - my personal opinion!

Good luck to everyone, use your brain logically and efficiently and success is guaranteed!

B.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mark Wuenscher, PMP

Passed on 1st attempt 19/10 with help of PM Exam Simulator 7 years 6 months ago #8695

• Kelly Coughlin
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Thanks for the message, sometimes I get terrified by reading all the reviews of how hard it is.....congratulations on your PMP, must feel amazing to have all this studying behind you.
Last edit: by Kelly Coughlin.

Passed on 1st attempt 19/10 with help of PM Exam Simulator 7 years 6 months ago #8700

• Mark Wuenscher, PMP
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
Bojan,

Congrats on passing the exam! Thanks for taking the time to post your experience and lessons learned. It is always interesting to see other perspectives on the exam difficulty. Personally, I thought it was the most difficult exam I have ever taken. Best of luck in your endeavors.

Cheers,

Mark
Mark Wuenscher, PMP
Community Moderator
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login