fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed PMP exam on 13 October

Passed PMP exam on 13 October 7 years 5 months ago #8672

• Lotte Hartmann
  • Lotte Hartmann's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I passed the exam and I feel so happy :) I did not feel nervious or stressed at the exam, because I had done a lot of tests with Cornelius Fichter as part of my exam preparations.
This is what made me well prepared for the exam:
- Read the PMBok Guide from start to finish
- Test, test and test - I recommend that you use Cornelius Fichter tests or similar because they reflect the questions you will meet at the exam very well. Do not find something for free that you do not know if other PMP certified people have had success with. I tested myself on process groups, on knowledge areas, and every time I discovered a "weak" area, I read the PMBok Guide for this area again. When I had good scores on each process group and knowledge area, I did some full exam tests (4 hours tests ), and it REALLY prepared me for the real exam situation. Again, I went through each wrong answered after having done the test, and read PMBok for this specific area in order to understand it. The four hour exam test learned me how to plan the four hours, so that I had a good strategy when I took the real exam.
- Learn and understand ITTO, do not just remember them.
- Learn your Earned Value Management, do not just focus on doing a brain dump of the formulas at the beginning of the exam. I bought a one hour group web coach session with Dan Ryan, and it got me feel much more confitable with Earned Value Management.

Passed PMP exam on 13 October 7 years 5 months ago #8678

• Jeremy Raelin
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi Lotte:
Congratulation on a job well done and good lessons learned for others to review.

Best,

Jeremy
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login