fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed on first attempt-20-10-2016

Passed on first attempt-20-10-2016 7 years 6 months ago #8659

• John Chelikuzhiyil George
  • John  Chelikuzhiyil George's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Hi,

I have passed PMP exam on first attempt at Rio DE Janeiro, Brazil. I have used PM PrepCast and PMBOK 5th edition book only for reference. The course is really effective tool to grasp the ITTOs concept and remember it. I was too worried about which course is better, I did a search in internet and finally found PM PrepCast is one of the best. First I started using free version and really liked, then I purchased complete packet with simulator . I was worried because I haven't use any other book like headfirst lab or Ritas book. But really got confidence once I completed all simulator test and could managed time also. Even in real exam I felt that I am not going to pass at all. But I have passed with 3P and 2MP. I was tired due to journey, because it was 200 km from my current city and felt something blank when I started exam. But after some minutes I have adjusted with environment . It's very important to keep our mind fresh before exam, I advise to relax final 2 days before exam and start working on simulator last two weeks after you study all the materials and also try to listed at least twice all videos and three times pmbok book. I have purchased PM PrepCast on 9th September and took the exam on 20th October. Before I purchased course, I finished once, a rough read on pmbok 5th edition book(all 10 knowledge areas) Also I used do practice more questions, free questions from site and 1000 questions by Christopher Scorder. And I recommend you to buy formula guide also. You will be able to attend 100% formula based questions as per my experience. . My results on other simulator tests,
Oliver Lehman 175 questions around 69-70%,
Christopher Scord 1000 question my avg between 70-75,but I finished last 200 questions after finishing the prepcast training then my avg went up 75-80.
Oliver Lehamn 75 questions,I scored 73-74%.
for headfirst lab free simulator 84%
Edwel Programs free book from google ,I found this book in the last moment,so I have taken tests ,there 200 questions I got 77-79%.But I started confusing in the last moment ,did not read it well.
I took 110 questions -90%,actually we should take it before we start listening videos to measure our skills.But I did it afterwards.

Finally in the last two week I finished all Prepcast simulator tests , My results on prepcast simulator was an avg of 88 % and for ITTOS 99% .

its seems to be very difficult for me when .but could maintained an avg between 80-90 . I belive if there is something very tough question it may be those 25 questions,otherwise the prepcast simulator and real exams has almost same diffiulty. But relax before the exam for 1-2 days,its a lesson learned .

I really advice to keep reading the material everyday and practicing .But when we feel boring better to relax for at least one day and then comeback again .

Another thing is ,you will be able find many place to clear your doubts in the discussion forum. You will find lot of materials in the prepcast course which is not explained in pmbok book.

In short PM PrepCast and simulator is really an excellent course and you can trust and 100% pass guaranteed course and cost effective. You may not be able to find such cost effective material in the site.

Once again thanks a lot to Cornelius Fitchner and his team for such an excellent course.

Until next time
John George, PMP
Last edit: by Mark Wuenscher, PMP.

Passed on first attempt-20-10-2016 7 years 6 months ago #8682

• Ganavel Dorai Rethinam, MSc, PMP
  • Ganavel Dorai Rethinam, MSc, PMP's Avatar
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Congratulations John! Just want to check with you. Recently, I read in another forum that doing "dump sheet" during the 15 mins tutorial was prohibited at Prometric Test Center starting from 20th October 2016. Since you took exam on the day, did they allow you to do the "dump sheet" during the tutorials sessions?

Passed on first attempt-20-10-2016 7 years 6 months ago #8685

• John George
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Ganavel,

Thanks...
There was not such a strict instructions about making brain dump sheet. They did not allow me to take any stuffs, had a scanning, everything was provided by test center including booklet for workout and pencil. Also I didn't use brain dump sheet at all. I have got 15 minutes for reading instructions on computer, then straight ways started the exam.

Thanks
John George
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login