fbpx

Reply: Finally, I passed the exam, on October 6, 2016.

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Finally, I passed the exam, on October 6, 2016.

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
7 years 6 months ago #8527

Kevin Nason

Andy

Congrats on passing the Exam!! There is not better feeling than passing the exam after such hard work.

Kevin.
7 years 6 months ago #8521

Mark Wuenscher, PMP

Andy,

Congrats on passing the exam! Thanks for sharing your experience and lessons learned. All the best to you.

Cheers,

Mark
7 years 6 months ago #8516

Andy Purnomo, PMP

Yes, finally I passed the exam !! It was not my first, but my second shot...

It’s time for me to give feedback to this forum, which has help me alot in reaching my goal, to be a PMP certified. :)

Here is my lesson learned :
For this 2nd attempt, I took about 2 months for the preparation.
Firstly, I purchase the PM PrepCast’s audio & exam simulator, then study the PM PrepCast Audio/Video material in a couple times. Also I used an additional exam prep book, beside the PMBOK Guide, that is the Rita Mulcahy’s, to help me understand better about the knowledge & process group.
I went though reading the PMBOK guide, cover to cover for 3 times.

During the preparation time, I’ve went through about 1500+ questions in total, and the score was stable in the range of 75% to 85%. This make me feel better and ready for the second exam.

Then I took 2 days off from work, before the exam day, to focus more for the day. Within this 2 days, I again took another 4 full exam from the PM Prepcast simulator 2.0, and the score was randomly between 75% to 80%, which I regcon was good enough.

One day before the exam, i use it as a vacation day. I stop taking the simulator, and stop reading the PMBOK guide, I just read my personal notes. Before I go to bed, I prepare what to bring tomorrow (such as ID card), and most importantly I prayed to God for help, blessings and moral support on the exam day tomorrow.
As a result, on October 6, 2016, 5:30pm (Indonesia’s local time), I passed the exam, with Moderately Proficient’s in all 5 areas. I feel so relieved and happy. The hard work paid off and now I can add the 3 letters behind my name, PMP. :)

What I think the key success factors was I create and follow my study plan, and then practices a lot of mock exams. As I have said earlier, I prefer to use Cornelius’s simulator. Practicing with the simulator is really important and helpful, since most of the questions are of very high qualities, and they are closely related to the real exam environment and accompanied with detailed explanations to every answers.

I think that’s all about my lesson learned, and herewith I would like to thank to Cornelius & team for providing such a great, high quality product of PMP exam prep material, and I wish you all, best of luck and great success ahead.

Thanks & Regards,
Andy

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login