fbpx

Reply: Passed My PMP Exam on first attempt - Sept 29th 2016

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed My PMP Exam on first attempt - Sept 29th 2016

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
7 years 6 months ago #8501

Mark Wuenscher, PMP

Omar,

Just check the many recent lessons learned posts in this forum and you will find many many references to various mock exam questions. Of course, we recommend purchasing and using the PM Exam Simulator for your PMP exam preparation.

Cheers,

Mark
7 years 6 months ago #8497

Omar

's Avatar

Hi Dear,

From where can we get the mock quitions ?
7 years 6 months ago #8496

Mark Wuenscher, PMP

Mak,

Thanks for posting your lessons learned and exam experience. We really appreciate it. Best of luck to you.

Mark
7 years 6 months ago #8493

Mak Thomas

Hello. I passed the exam last week. I would like to share my experience with you.
I took an online course for the exam, started to Read RITA book, and made my written note in August. Then I started to take mock exam via the simulator two weeks before pmp exam. I took one sim exam every day in pm time (since my real exam in pm time), and I reviewed the wrongly answered questions in next day morning (by using PMBOK).
Eventually, I scored 78-81% of all mock exam. On the exam day, I treat it as the 10th sim exam, here are my findings:
1) I had more than 160 scenario questions (most of them related to change and termination of the project) in the exam, whereas I have 3 ITTO questions and 4 calculation questions only.
2) the question style and interface is 70% similar to the simulator
3) the answers are very similar (e.g. A. inform your sponsor; B. Discuss with your Team; C. Send an email to inform all stakeholder; D. Review the Project Managment Plan).

In the mock exam, I could finish them within 2.5 hours, but I need 3hr15 minutes in the real exam. So please plan your rest time carefully.
That's all of my sharing.
PS: I found the simulator is extremely helpful, and I recommend it for everyone who plans to take the exam.
Thank you.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login