fbpx

Reply: Passed my PMP August 15th

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed my PMP August 15th

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
7 years 6 months ago #8176

Federico Salomone

Hey! Congratulations!

did you find the exam easier, equal or harder than the PrepCast Simulator?

Thanks!
7 years 6 months ago #8172

Mark Wuenscher, PMP

Edward,

Congratulations on persevering and passing the PMP exam! Thanks for sharing your experience and lessons learned.

Cheers,

Mark
7 years 6 months ago #8170

Edward Mungai

's Avatar

Let no body lie to you that you can just wake up one morning an d sit for the exam without preparation.
This was my second attempt, my first attempt I did not study well enough since I had been doing projects for more than 7 years I assumed it would be that easy but I was shocked to understand that its not what you know rather What PMI expects you to Know.

For all those planning to take the exam I would advice you on the following.
1) Go through the PMBOK book first to see what its all about.
2) Then go through the PM PrepCast videos
3) Now repeat the PM PrepCast video with the PMBOK hand in hand, I suggest if you have two computer screens and project the videos in one and the pdf version on another will make your work easier. At this stage please also do 30 sample question after every module/knowledge area.

A week before the exam ensure you do as many sample questions as possible, for me doing 200 sample questions was not realistic due to family obligations and business schedules (even though I was on leave). I would do 30 sample questions in every 30 minutes. In a day I found out that I could actually be able to commit more than 6 hours on sample questions easily instead of just sitting down for 4 hours to do the exam.

Do not assume that you are good in one aspect and ignore studying or practising it. For me I assumed am good in Planning so I did not pay attention and as such that was the only Process Group i scored "Below Proficient"

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login