fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Knowledge Areas % results in mock exams - which ones to focus on more?

Knowledge Areas % results in mock exams - which ones to focus on more? 7 years 7 months ago #8119

• Abby Payton
  • Abby Payton's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Not really sure how to post this question but here it goes. So through all my research I understand that Executing and M&C are the heavy players in the exam, where we want to get most proficient. Is there such measurement of the KA?
I have done 3 of the exams and I have scored 71%, 77%, and 74% respectively. I am reviewing all wrong answers as well as the ones where I guessed but got them right. I am worrying about not hitting 80% but I know stressing over time is my worse enemy. I rush then don't focus on the questions, and I know just one word can change what is being asked in the question.

I am using PMBOK and Rita's. Read Rita's twice, really took too long the first time so decided to give it a second go. My exam is next Friday so I'm 5 days away. Any recs or advise would be very much appreciated and I thank you all in advance.

Below are my stats so far for the first 3 exams in terms of Process or KA, % correct and their ranking and the proficiency

Initiating -BP, P, BP
Planning - BP, BP, BP
Executing - MP, BP, BP
M&C - - BP, MP, MP
Closing - BP, MP, P

My % for the Processes are:
Closing - 77% - 1
Monitoring & Controlling - 75% - 2
Planning - 74% - 3
Executing - 73% - 4
Initiating - 72% - 5

Knowledge Area Correct % Rank
Communications Management - 83% - 1
Human Resource Management - 81% - 2
Cost Management - 79% - 3
Procurement Management - 77% - 4
Risk Management - 77% - 5
Time Management - 71% - 6
Quality Management - 71% - 7
Integration Management - 71% - 8
Stakeholder Management - 68% - 9
Scope Management - 67% - 10

Knowledge Areas % results in mock exams - which ones to focus on more? 7 years 6 months ago #8180

• Mark Wuenscher, PMP
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
Abby,

Have you taken your exam? How did it go?

Mark
Mark Wuenscher, PMP
Community Moderator
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login