fbpx

Reply: PASSED PMP May 27,2016

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PASSED PMP May 27,2016

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
7 years 7 months ago #8116

Kimberly Bortz

Congratulations on passing your PMP! Thanks for sharing your experience!
7 years 8 months ago #8097

Srinivas

's Avatar

Passed PMP exam on May 27,16 with 4P and 1 MP.
When I started thinking about PMP exam, I debated myself whether to buy PM prepcasst lessons or not. After reading reviews from exam takers I decided to give it a try. By the end of my preparation I felt I made a right choice. Key benefits of the lessons are -
1. Pace of the videos - About right --- Neither too fast nor too slow
2. Flexibility - Computer, Any smart devices, Can listen to classes wherever you are with Internet availability.
3. Best part of lectures - Every video starts with recap of the process definition and to which area it belongs.
4. My favorite - PM Exam simulator. I was able to complete only 4 full tests and 3 quizzes before taking final exam. My scores: 84%, 85%, 90%, 92%. I would recommend the exam simulator to everyone planning to appear for PMP exam.
My Exam Preparation: Preparation time: 81 days; exam practice: 5 days; Relax/rest: 1 day
Started with PMBOK guide bit got bored after 2 chapters
1. Weekdays: 2 hours of PM preepcast videos
2. Weekends - 2 hours of PM prepcast videos and 2 hours of PMBOK guide, 1 hr of practice questions on each knowledge areas
3. Completed all PM prepcast videos and quizzes - Took personal notes while watching videos
4. Read PMBOK guide 2 times. - Highlighted key areas
5. Read Rita's book for few knowledge areas and practices quizzes at the end of each chapter
6. Revised my notes, PMBOK guide highlights
7. Correlated the concepts with the projects that I did at my work
Practice Questions:
1. PM prepcast exam simulator - Exam 1: 84%
2. Oliver Lehman 75Q - 78.67%
3. Edwell 50Q - 88%
4. iZen Bridge 100Q - 76%
5. PM prepcast Exam Simulator - Exam 2 - 90%
6. PM prepcast Exam Simulator - Exam 3 - 85%
7. PM prepcast Exam Simulator - Exam 4 - 92%
8. Random quizzes from PM prepcast exam simulator.
Exam date booking: May 16. After completing first exam on PM prepcast exam simulator
Exam center visit: May 21 - to estimate the time takes to reach
Exam Day: I had to travel 65 miles to exam center. Appointment time 8:00 am. It takes about 1 hr 20 min to reach from home
1. Have enough rest previous night. Woke up at 5 am.
2. Started driving at 5:30 am. While driving, to divert my mind, I listened to PM prepcast additional lessons (Agile, Scrum etc)
3. Reach the center by 7am. Had breakfast near to exam center.
4. Reached the exam area by 7:30am
5. Started exam by 8 am. Took 2 breaks total of 15 mins.
6. Completed first round of 143 questions in 2hr 50 mins. Read all the questions, Answered the one's I'm confident, Marked 2 possible answers that I'm confused about, Left unanswered that I don't have any idea/need careful reading. I left no question unanswered in the first round.
7. Answered another 50 questions in 20 mins.
8. Reviewed all the answers again in the next 20 mins. Changes few of the answers during this time
9. Spent the next 15 minutes in answering 5 questions.
10. Last 10 mins thought really hard to pick the best answer for 2 questions.
I could have came out of exam after 3.5 hrs but don't want to do that. Revision of my answers helped to identify and correct my silly mistakes that I did in first round. My suggestion would use the entire time even though you think you are done.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login