fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP on 2nd August

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP on 2nd August

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
7 years 7 months ago #8129

Pawan Dwivedi

's Avatar

Thanks Kelvin for sharing such helpful information on PMP study. No doubt it will help other PMP students for passing the exam with the best score. I have a friend who also studying PMP from ExcelR Solutions.I will pass this information to him as I think he might like these.
7 years 7 months ago #8082

PRASATH L

Hi Kelvin,

Congrats.....!
Thank you Very much for your Suggestions !
7 years 7 months ago #8061

Kimberly Bortz

Kelvin,

Congratulations on passing the PMP and thank you for sharing your lessons learned!
7 years 7 months ago #8029

Kelvin Yap

I passed my PMP exam on 2nd August 2016 in first attempt. Thank you for all the suggestions and sharing in the forum. Thanks to Cornelius and the team as well for their online training course.

Here is a quick sharing on how I prepared for the exam:

Study Materials:
  1. PMBOK Guide 5th edition
  2. Rita Mulcahy’s PMP Exam Prep 8th Edition - Updated
  3. The PM PrepCast Videos

Preparation:
I started preparation with reading PMBOK guide only. After finished reading chapter 1 - 4, I realized that reading it alone is not enough for the PMP exam. I then studied Rita’s PMP Exam Prep with PMBOK guide as reference for process overview and ITTO. I then watched the PrepCast video after I finished studying each knowledge area.

I did not memorize all ITTO but make sure you understand each knowledge area before move on to the next. I did memorize the EVM and estimation formulas, know its interpretation and when to apply the formulas, for example know when to use Triangle distribution or Beta distribution and which formula to use for EAC calculation. Only simple mathematic calculations required for answering the questions.

I practiced with the following sample questions:
- Oliver Lehmann free online questions
- all the questions in Rita’s book.

On the Exam day:
I went through the Table 3.1 in PMBOK guide and all the formulas in 15 minutes before heading to exam center.

Other suggestions:
  1. Know your learning style and plan your preparation accordingly, start as early as possible.
  2. Practice mock exam under timed conditions to get yourself comfortable with the pressure and timing associated with the exam.
  3. Stay calm and concentrate during exam.
Good luck to all PMP aspirants.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login