fbpx

Reply: Passed my PMP on my first attempt. Thanks to Cornelius :)

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed my PMP on my first attempt. Thanks to Cornelius :)

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
7 years 8 months ago #7849

Mark Wuenscher, PMP

Congratulations Sumanth! Thanks for posting your experience to the lessons learned forum.
Cheers,
Mark
7 years 8 months ago #7839

Sumanth Venugopal

's Avatar

I have successfully completed my journey towards PMP® certification with 2 P’s and 3 MP’s.

I was planning to get the PMP® certification for last couple of years, but for various reasons and schedule issues I wasn’t able to focus on it.

Finally decided to kick off the project, “Target PMP® by July 2016” in July 2015. The first step in the process was purchasing The PM PrepCast, by Cornelius Fichtner and to get my 35 contact hours. I must say I really loved listening to Cornelius during my commute time to work every day. It gave me deeper insights on the PMBOK Concepts. I made my own notes while listening to the podcasts.

I also used the HeadFirst and Rita’s book to complement my study.

Solved all the chapter’s test and mock exams from all these materials. The final 15 days before the exam attempted some 10 mock test from Christopher Scordo book. My scores were in the 75-80% range for all the mock tests.

I never memorized the ITTO’s instead always tried to understand, compare with practical scenario’s. The day before the exam just revised my own notes.

All the questions during the exam were situational questions and most of them were tricky just to confuse.

As most of them say that last few minutes during the time when you end the exam and go through the survey before you can see the final results is the toughest moment in your life.

The moment I say the congratulatory message on the screen, honestly, I felt like I've climbed a very giant mountain, and I'm just standing right on top with my arms wide open and breathing rarefied air.

Thanks to my parents, wife and my five-year-old son for supporting me throughout this journey.

Wishing all the very best to the prospective PMP’s.

Regards,
Sumanth, PMP®

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login