fbpx

Reply: PMP Exam passed, 4P and 1MP

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMP Exam passed, 4P and 1MP

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
7 years 8 months ago #7834

Mark Wuenscher, PMP

Yerikzhan,

Congratulations on passing the exam! Thanks also for posting your lessons learned and exam experience to the forum. My exam experience was very similar to yours. I totally agree that the PrepCast simulation exams are / were essential to passing the real exam and that the real exam was harder. Best of luck to you.

Cheers,

Mark
7 years 8 months ago #7833

Yerikzhan Torekhanov

Passed PMP exam today. I was worried that I couldn't pass it at first attempt, so was pleasantly surprised by the result.

As study materials, I used Rita's book, PrepCast, a Kindle book 'PMP Exam Prep. Questions, answer and explanations' by Christopher Scordo (too easy questions, in my opinion) and PrepCast Simulations, along with PMBOK Guide. I am very much deadline driven, so my study started slow and intensified closer to the exam date.

Reading PMBOK Guide was somewhat boring, so Rita's book helped to make the study more fun. I also think that having project management experience was essential for my success - for most part I was filling in the gaps with detailed information, rather than learning new concepts.

Also, as suggested by someone on this forum, taking test exams was great help. I ended up taking 6-7 PrepCast Simulation tests, and a number tests from other sources. After taking the exam, I think PrepCast tests are a bit easier than the real exam. Most of the questions on the exam were situational. It also seemed that many questions had two very close answer choices (the other two would be easier to eliminate), that caused a bit of deliberation. There were about half a dozen formula questions, and easy ones. Bigger struggle was to read and understand what the situational questions were about.

It took me full four hours of the allotted time - I submitted my answers five minutes before the time was up. Three and a bit hours I was answering the questions, and last hour going over marked questions.

Looking back, I must say I enjoyed the experience - study, learning something new, and the exam itself. Glad that I decided to pursue the certification.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login