fbpx

Reply: How to pass the PMP first time............ This is not the rocket science

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : How to pass the PMP first time............ This is not the rocket science

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
7 years 9 months ago #7648

Gayan Dissanayake - BIT,MBM, PMP®

's Avatar

Hi Team
Last Thursday I cleared my PMP..... Below are some lesson learned. These are different from person to person... But get the CONCEPT
Way to start PMP exam

1. Read the PMBOK (attached) first time, and mark your knowledge gaps in the work doc. With the different color
Note : The word doc should have 10, Kno:Areas and first three chapters in the PMBOK. ONLY the heading, and then fill your knowledge gaps
2. Read the book, 2nd time and cross check the doc with the gaps and new findings - Make the concepts concrete.....
3. Do PMP exam simulator precise questions – Do it chapter wise, add the wrong answers in your doc (chapter wise ) and refer the doc even for the correct answers… then the concept will save you every time in your mind
4. DO NOT start Exams in the simulator (I mean 200 qtns)....... go to learning mode / select chapter level / select quections (ex:10) each. try.. wrong answers put in the doc, correct answers , just refer the doc and refresh your knowledge
5. Try about 1000 Questions (each chapter) in the learning mode, then then try timing mode.. as well..
6. I completed 1800 questions in both learning and time mode.. selecting the wrong answers as well..
4. Almost questions are from practical side, so you need the CONCEPT, from the book
5. Do more questions and fill your knowledge gaps

Note : Read rita’s book - Rita-PMP® Exam Prep 8th Edition - Rita Mulcahy – Concepts are clearly mentioned in the rita’s book.

Note: DO NOT try to remember – Inputs / Outputs / tools and techniques – But get the rough idea.. There will NOT be more than 10 questions from this section in the exam. So DO NOT waste time , remembering IOTT

Good Luck
Gayan Dissanayake - BIT,MBM, PMP®

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login