fbpx

Reply: Passed Exam 17 June

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed Exam 17 June

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
7 years 10 months ago #7598

Larry Robert Kremer

I passed the exam yesterday on my first attempt (2P and 3MP), thank you Cornelius for your program.

Preparing: First thing I did was to watch the PrepCast and then I read the PMBOK. I would then re-watch each PM PrepCast module and then read the relevant PMBOK chapter. Then it was pure focus on the PMBOK with an emphasis on the Diagrams to ensure I understood the relationships. I took five of the PrepCast simulator exams with an initial score of 68% and final three exams scoring in the mid 80% range. Total time spent studying was approximately 160 hours (full PrepCast is around 50 hours and it took me 12 hours to read PMBOK cover to cover). No other resources were used and in my opinion, the PM PrepaCast and reading the PMBOK would be sufficient.

Exam: Scheduling the exam certainly sharpened my focus and attention. I scheduled it three weeks prior. Overall the experience was very much what others have stated - challenging questions with two answers that could be easily excluded and two that in first glance, could have satisfied the question (but of course, only one is 'correct'). Read the question carefully and pay attention to what they are really asking.

I realize that Cornelius stated not to memorize all the Inputs, Tools & Techniques and Outputs, but I did just as a back up and in hindsight, the value of the exercise did not warrant the effort as it was not really that kind of test.

I completed the 200 questions in 3:30 hours and then reviewed questions for 20 minutes and then submitted for results (i.e., I did not use the full four hours as). 192 questions were situational and the remainder were fairly straightforward EV and calculated questions.

Good luck to those that take this journey as it was certainly a challenge that I enjoyed.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login