fbpx

Reply: Passed the PMP PBT on first attempt

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed the PMP PBT on first attempt

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
7 years 10 months ago #7536

Uyi Egharevba

's Avatar

I wrote the PBT in Nigeria on May 7th 2016 as CBT have been cancelled in Nigeria for some years now.

How I prepared
I spent exactly 5 weeks of study. Developed a study guide and was reading for about 5 hrs per day since I wasn't working so I studied full time.

Study Materials
I used Rita's book which I read over once and revised it once. I watched all the prepcast videos and listened to all the audio CD's in Andy Crowe's "Conversations on the PMP exam" these three materials were all very good. I never read the PMBOK guide as it was too boring and difficult to understand so I only used it as a guide. I took all the tests in Rita's book and scored on average 77.5%. I also took all the assessment tests in the end of all the prepcast videos and scored an average of 79%.

Before the exam
A week to the exam I felt I hadn't studied enough so I was scared that I wouldn't pass so I tried to postpone / cancel the exam but I found out that it wasn't possible on the PBT . To cancel or postpone a PBT you'd have to do it 35 days prior to the exam. I eventually just decided to try it anyway. I couldn't log into the prepcast simulator so I couldn't take any of the tests in it.

The exam day
The invigilators didn't allow us to use the dumpsheet before the exam started unlike on the CBT that you are given 15 mins before the exam to use the dumpsheet. There weren't more than 4 calculation questions and they were quite easy. Overall I felt the exam was quite difficult as I only answered about 185 questions out of 200. I had to just guess the remaining 15 questions. I felt my chances of passing were 50:50. I had made up my mind that if I didn't pass, I would just resit the exam 3 months later in August. So I hoped for the best but prepared for the worst.

The results came out after 10 days by email as it was a PBT. I eventually passed scoring 1P, 3MP and 1BP. I'm PMP certified now!!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login