fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Pqssed PMP exam on May, 27th

Pqssed PMP exam on May, 27th 7 years 9 months ago #7491

• Hakim BENZIDANE
  • Hakim BENZIDANE's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi guys,

Just wanted to share with you that I passed the PMP exam yesterday. The journey started in Feb 2016 and honestly, I feel quite relieved now :-). Some of my feedbacks:
As I was often on business trips, I wanted to be able to study wherever I needed to and at my own pace. So I became a PMI member and purchased the following :

- Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM PMP Prepcast, Formulas study guide & Simulator
- PMBOK 5th edition (ebook AND paper copy)
- PMP Pocket Prep app.
- Rita’s Exam prepbook

I studied regularly (1h per day + 4h per weekend). I started reading the PMBOK and watching the relevant videos from the prepcast. Once I finished a knowledge group, I was doing some quiz via the Simulator and PMP Pocket Prep app. Once I finished the PMBOK and the Prepcast, I started reading Rita’s, and still doing quiz/exams on a regular basis.

I only reviewed the material once and took more than 2000 questions with an average of 76% of good answers (I reviewed the explanations of ALL the answers

The day before the exam, I took the Oliver Lehmann free quiz (75 questions) and got 68% ! Was a bit puzzled but found that this quiz was excellent because it was really difficult and helped me review some concepts I was unaware of.

During the exam, I really took my time to select the right answers and did use all the available time, no break at all (I didn’t feel the need for it actually). And in the end, cleared it with 4P and 1MP :-)

I took the test at a Prometric Center, and as Aristra Das mentioned it, there was an option for crossing out the answers and it was more than helpful !

I take this opportunity to thank my wife for her dedicated support (and my 3 yo daughter too !) and the people from this group who commented my questions and for posting valuable questions/comments that I did use also !

Good luck guys and feel free to get in touch with me if needed,
Hakim
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manoj Parik
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login