fbpx

Reply: Passed the PMP on May 6, 2016

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed the PMP on May 6, 2016

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
7 years 9 months ago #7473

Tajudeen M. Oyedele (PMP)

Congratulations
7 years 10 months ago #7464

Meena D Kumar

I am pleased to write that I passed the PMP Exam on May 6, 2016! It was a happy moment for me as I am sure it is for all the folks who pass on their first try. Some of the best advice I can give others is that you must dedicate your time and really stick to a plan if you want to pass. When I finally figured out how serious I was about the exam, I prepared a study plan that included listening to the PM PrepCast (over and over again in some areas), read the PMBOK Guide a few times to understand how project management is applied and practiced, and purchased Rita Mulcahy's PMP Exam Prep Book, Eighth Edition. In adding Rita's book, I was able to really comprehend the message in the PMBOK Guide, which has been said to be dry and rather boring. This is true to some extent, but I was eager to read it, just the same. After I read a section in Rita's book, I would read that same subject in the PMBOK Guide so it reinforced my understanding. There were some fun exercises in Rita's book as well that helped me learn the table on PM process groups and knowledge areas. I learned this so well, I could recall all of it and did not have to include on my brain download (dump) sheet. Cornelius Fichtner and his lessons truly added to my success as well. Toward the end of my studying, I also watched many YouTube videos on EVM, schedule network diagramming, and anything else I could find that just added to my knowledge base. I also used the PM PrepCast Exam Simulator to take many sample exams. By doing this, I truly believe it helped me "condition" myself for the actual exam. I could sit for the four-hour exam without taking a break. What a journey this has been! And I am now a successful PMP certificate holder. :P

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login