Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.
QuestionI passed the PMP exam on my first attempt!!
I passed the PMP exam on my first attempt!!
1 year 10 months ago #7383
This is how I studied.
1. I took an 2 Project management courses a few years ago and one was an exam preparation course.
2. I attempted to read the PMBOK and text book from Kim Heldman for over a year. I just couldn't seem to stay focused and I didn't really know how much of the books I needed to retain.
3. I needed a solid plan that was current and I didn't have time to sort through everything that was available on-line. That is so time consuming so I bought the PrepCast and the formulae guide and exam simulator.
4. I started a regular study routine the 2nd week of Jan 2016 and successfully passed the exam on April 28, 2016. Just 15 days before my year of eligibility would expire.
5. I studied about 10 hours per week in the evenings until the last 2 weeks. Then I studied about 20hrs per week.
6. I listened to lectures and memorized table 3.1 (Process Group/Knowledge area table) in the PMBOK guide 5.
7. I then started the exam simulator questions. First I tried small quizzes where I would flip through my text books and formulas and try to find the answers.
8. I then studied the formula guide along with lots of example questions.
9. Over the course of the last 3 weeks I developed my own cheat sheet which started out as multiple pages. In the end I only had 2 pages.
10. I did 2.5 full exams just using my cheat sheet and did fairly well. I reviewed all my mistakes to ensure I understood and made notes as needed to my cheat sheets.
11. In total I did over 900 questions. I just simply ran out of time. I wish I could have done more.
12. I was rushed through the exam. I only had 4 mins to spare at the end to review. Good thing I guessed at the questions I wasn't sure about because I didn't have time to go back.
13. The 15mins before was quick. I only had time to write down 2 sheets of notes.
Thanks PrepCast for a great product. It made the difference for me.
This interview with Simona Fallavollita (LinkedIn Profile) was recorded at the magnificient Project Management Institute (PMI)® Global Conference 2017 in Chicago, Illinois. We discuss the how, what, why and when of the changes that are coming to the PMP exam.