fbpx

Reply: pass on 1st try, 12th of April 2016

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : pass on 1st try, 12th of April 2016

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
7 years 11 months ago #7315

Tracey South

Congrats Martin! I like how you approached your exam like a project. :)

Tracey
7 years 11 months ago #7258

Martin Reinhard

Last things first:
- 12.04.16: pass with proficient in all 5 domains
- Pmp exam simulator is a great tool. I took all 8 “standard” exams’ with initially +/- 80 % and finally > 90 %. Even that the judgement is very subjective I would think that the level of difficulty of the simulator is comparable with the level of my final exam.
- I am especially proud of scoring exam 9 “ITTO Questions only” with 94.50 % without trying to memorize a lot. It is as Cornelius Fichtner says; understanding how the processes are interlinked is the key. Similar to what happens with the test at the PMP exam simulator I felt during the real exam that nobody tried to trick me with the provided answers, especially not about ITTOs.
- My dumb sheet was very short. I did not look at it once during the exam. I still recommend doing it because it helped me getting “down and focused” at the beginning as the test environment stressed me a little bit.
- I had less questions about formulas as expected; they were rather easy and, once again, fair. The pmp-formula-pocket guide is the perfect summarization of all one needs to know about this.
- From early December 2015 – early April 2016 I watched and listened (very convenient that it works “voice only” as well) the prepcast, revisited my appointments and answered samples questions.
- End of January 2016 I achieved the 35 hours education certificate, applied for the exam, was not audited and scheduled the exam.
- From July 2015 until end of November 2015 I worked intensively through the pmbok guide, made notes in the form of mind maps for each pmp book chapter and read in parallel “Achieve PMP exam success, 5th editon”. It was during this time I understood the beauty of the concepts of the pmbok and started applying them in my daily work. Studying was everyday a little bit early in the morning and on Saturday afternoons.
- On 30.06.2015 I committed myself to go for the exam and became a member of PMI.
- During June 2015 I checked my standing with regard to the eligibility criteria, especially with regard to the necessary project hours. I spend considerable time to prepare and document in detail the hours. I felt good, having true figures I could relay on case I should be audited.

Attachments:

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login