fbpx

Reply: 2.5 Months & First Attempt

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : 2.5 Months & First Attempt

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
8 years 2 months ago #6928

Merene Ann Bright

's Avatar

Hi All,

I scheduled my PMP exam 2.5 months ahead and started preparing religiously...
One piece of advice - Please apply for PMI membership first before paying for the exam.
It has double benefits - PMI Membership + Dollar savings.

Approach & Lessons learnt:
1. Prepare a plan and stick to the plan. I prepared a plan based on the study material I chose and each day tracked the progress.
2. Practice, practice and practice : Questions -> More the merrier
3. Learn the basic concepts. Understand the Inputs, Tools & Techniques and Outputs (ITTO).
(e.g. There can be a very complex diagram and will ask you what the slack is for one of the tasks in the critical path!!!)
4. Spent 1-2 hours daily no matter what. This will help to stay focused.
5. Formulas are not that complex. It would be good to memorise it.
Exam:
6. Before the exam starts write down the formulas/hints on the paper given to you at the Prometric center.
7. Read the lessons and also the answers - Out of the 4 options, 2 can be eliminated easily. From the other two, go ahead with your instincts. It is usually correct. Read the question again at this point. It will help.
8. Lengthy questions include distractions. Last line is the most important part. You can read this first before reading the whole question.
9. I finished the mock exams within 2-3 hours, but for the actual exam I took close to 4 hours!!!So please go prepared. You would want to take 5 or 10 min break in between.

Reference material:
1. PMBOK Guide
2. Rita Mulcahy - PMP Prep
3. Install Apps - You can practice on the go

I passed in my first attempt on Dec 29th, 2015.
Plan, focus and practice. You are sure to win.
Wish you the very best.

Thanks,
Merene

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login