fbpx

Reply: Failed first attempt before exam is changed

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Failed first attempt before exam is changed

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
8 years 2 months ago #6899

Toni

's Avatar

You are welcome Cecil D'Souza and Khaled Mkarem,

Sorry, there are a few typos there, but I'm glad you can see what I was trying to say.

If you need more help, you can email me [This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.]

Good luck with your next and this time, final exam try)
8 years 2 months ago #6889

KHALED MKAREM

Thanks Tracey, I will add some extra information to my brain dump sheet as well for my next trial :)
8 years 2 months ago #6881

Tracey South

Hi: It may be worth adding a comment about practising a "brain dump".

You will have a few minutes at the beginning of the exam during the tutorial to write down the information that you don't want to forget. This is an opportunity to quickly jot down all the key processes, formulas, definitions that you will need throughout the course of the exam in a format that you are comfortable using. It frees your brain to focus on what the question is asking versus trying to keep all these facts and figures in your brain. By practising the brain dump prior to your exam, you will be learning as well.

Something to consider and something that I recommend often.
Good luck.
Tracey
8 years 2 months ago #6872

Cecil D'Souza

Thank You Toni. This was great, particularly the video that led me to other videos by this guy. Truly impressive and very informative.
8 years 2 months ago #6870

KHALED MKAREM

Dear Toni,
I really really really appreciate your effort and time for such great advice. I will do what you have mentioned and I will make sure I stick to this plan 99.99% and study with great strategy you have mentioned.
You hit the central point where the student can pass the PMP exam easy on this first time with this strategy.
Your advice worth a lot to me.
THANKS ALOT again and again and again.
8 years 2 months ago #6863

Toni

's Avatar

KHALED MKAREM, keep your head up, you can try It again and this time, YOU WILL become a PMP!!!

First of all, watch a video on how the changes will affect the new exams which isnt by much

Next I want you to have all the ITTOs in one excel spreadsheet with good colours, bold letters and good visuals etc.

Next I want you to group practice question. All the questions on Initiating and closing should be in one word document. Start studying initiating and Closing first because I want you to get Ps in them like a boss! because they are easy.

Next focus on calculations! group all the calculation questions you can find in one word document. make sure you define EAC BAC EV PV AC etc. know the dependencies:
- SS means start of next activity depends on start of previous activity
- SF Means finish of next activity depends on start of previous activity
-FS Means start of next activity depends on finish of previous activity
E.T.C
Know the you need the EV to determine project health
BAC = PV
when is the project complete? all those things lock them in

Next focus on questions you can find on baselines... group them in one word document.

Next group all the `what would you do question` look for key words like first, next, last. important, most important etc etc. very important to know when to submit change request VS evaluate impact VS do changes etc. you must know the order in which they occur and you will only know by getting these types of questions and grouping them. Things like - when a project manager comes back from holiday questions, when a new project manager takes over questions, best practice when project is complete questions. lock them in.

Next get hold of all contract type questions you can find.... Make sure you know which contract to use when, again group all your contract question in one word document.

Next, I want you to get all the `who`questions. who would you go to in this situation, who is in charge of what? what is the role of the project team, project management team, spnsor, project manager, quality manager, etc.

Next up, I want you to group all the quality questions together. The 7 basic tools and yes they might test you on all 7!! get enough questions on them.

Next up, I want you to get questions on tuckmans team building phases -Forming Storming Norming Peforming and Adjoing. make sure you know them cold. Group them again. Know your interpersonal skills compared to management skills.

All the project documents and the Project Management plans. I want you to know which is which. like is an issue log a project document or a project management plan document. again its all about grouping.

Now look for questions on the plans. very important to know when to refer to the Stakeholder register or the Stakeholder Management Plan or the Communications Managment plan. You should have question in one word document just for your 'document' questions.

Now in another document, I want you to just have a 'VS' face off. confusing terms like Quality control and Quality Assurance, Collect Requirements VS Requirements Management Plan. CPI VS CV VS SPI VS SV, WPD VS WPI. give examples.

get the lexicon of terms and know all definitions.

And your ITTOS. Know where the tools and technics are, the flow of inputs and the key out puts. dont just understand them. try to know where they are in which process and knowledge area. reason being say for exam a question mentions Acquistion or Ground rules, you will feel better if you know where they are and able to pick an answer.

Special documents like project charter, scope management plan, scope statement, and statement of work. MAKE SURE you know what goes into each of them and what are their differences.

Group anything else that you think will help you.

Take alot of mock tests (paid tests) PM study, Prepcast, Kaplan. again keep grouping questions

It is crucial to divide your study and group your questions, that way all the information you are studying is compartmentalised [if there is a word like that] into useful drives in your brain like computer folders.

Last you will revise to those word documents before you write your exam.

Summary
Start off with initiating and closing questions to get Ps.
Group ALL question types in one document of each area - [tuckman, contract, baselines, CCB, change control systems, project charter, WBS,
Work authorization system, procurement documents].
Important to do VS notes. please do it.
Read the lexicon.
If you lock in 2Ps them the pressure will be less on the others. you can get 3MPs and pass comfortably even with a 1BP. im not saying
Study like that but no escusses for not locking in the 2ps in initiating and closing.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login