fbpx

Reply: 2nd Time's The Charm...Passed the PMP Exam on January 8, 2016

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : 2nd Time's The Charm...Passed the PMP Exam on January 8, 2016

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
8 years 2 months ago #6818

Jay Fitzgerald

I sat for the exam for the 2nd time on January 8th. It was a grueling and intense 4 hrs but my risk of paying for the exam turned into an opportunity today when I got the "CONGRATULATIONS" message on my screen.

The first time I sat for the exam I whizzed through it and had roughly an hour left to review. That was because I hadn't studied correctly and just started selecting any answer that "seemed" like it could be correct. Of course, the end result was that I failed. This time, I took my time through each question and only had 10 minutes left to review. I had finally conquered to exam!

The first time around, I took a PMP Boot Camp course, studied Rita's book, and took a few simulated exams on examcentral.

This time, I made an attempt to correct my study plan. I used Rita's book, along with her FastTrack disc that has simulated exams on it. I also used Head First PMP, and the PM PrepCast, PM Simulator and the PMBOK Guide. I answered close to 2000 questions and really put my knowledge to work. I started off just taking knowledge area quizzes and exams and then moved on to the full PMP simulated exams. I studied every opportunity that I had and even listened to the PM PrepCast as I commuted to and from work, as well as at home. The PrepCast and Head First both helped to simplify things in the PMBOK and in Rita's book.

I'm excited to be in the PMP club!
Now it's time for Justine to say......wait, that's not my line! :)
Until next time.....wait, that's not my line either! :)

Have a wonderful day!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login