I passed the PMP exam on the first try -- 4 proficients and 1 moderately proficient. I wanted to share my experience to help others do the same.
Studying (September '15 - January '16)
* went through the PMP prepcast to obtain my 35 contact hours requirement.
* read HeadFirst prep book <-- fine introduction to the PMP framework
* read RMC's prep book <-- used this book as my go-to to understand concepts and to study
* took all 9 exams in the PrepCast Simulator <-- helped me adjust to the testing environment and questions asked on the exam.
RMC and the PrepCast Simulator were vital to my success.
Day of exam:
* ate a healthy breakfast with protein and exercised so that I would be energized throughout the test.
* read each question once, then read the last sentence again (because it usually contains what is actually being asked), then read the entire question again.
It's important to stay alert during the exam and to understand what is actually being asked in the question.
Take your time during the exam, and with the appropriate studying in order to **understand** the concepts and acclimate to the types of questions asked, you'll do well! Good luck!