fbpx

Reply: Passed the PMP exam on first attempt

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed the PMP exam on first attempt

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
8 years 3 months ago #6780

Mary Thomas

Congrats, Alexis! I also recently passed and am a PMP - on December 30th. I definitely agree with your post. You MUST know the formulas, but the math itself isn't difficult at all. The situational questions took way more brainwork and critical thinking. The Prepcast was a great resource for my preparation - especially the Exam simulator. Definitely worth the investment! I highly recommended the prepast tutorials and exam simulator for future test takers!
8 years 3 months ago #6776

AlexisCadieux

's Avatar

Proudly allowed to call myself a PMP now. I succeeded at the exam on the first attempt, but my advise is not to underestimate the required preparation. Through my preparation I have seen a lot of emphasis on the formulas. You do have to know them, but the PMP isn't a math exam. For me, the "situational" questions are key. On the exam day, take your time to read and understand the questions. Preparation exams are of good help for this. Finally, key trick for me was stress management. Everything surrounding the day of the exam is quite stressful, and the time limit add up to this stress. Everyone has his own way of dealing with stress, but be sure you address it.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login