fbpx

Reply: Bestowed with the global credential PMP on 5th Dec :) Thanks Cornelius !

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Bestowed with the global credential PMP on 5th Dec :) Thanks Cornelius !

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
8 years 4 months ago #6625

Pallavi Srivastava

Hi All PMP Aspirants,
I wanted to share my experience on Passing the PMP Exam on Second Attempt.
I gave my first attempt after 3 months of PMP study on 26th Sept 2015. But was not able to succeed in my first attempt. Felt really bad at that time.
But as it's said "You always pass failure on your way to success". So started again the preparation with a new zeal & confidence.
And gave my second attempt on 5th Dec, 2015 with 3 more months of continuous study. I passed my exam with 1P & 4 MP :) & finally I was bestowed with the global credential PMP.
Below was my approach.
1.) Did 6 months PMP Study.
2.) Subscribed PrepCast Videos, PMP Exam Simulator, Formulas Study Guide and Flashcards.
3.) Gone through the Videos and given eight Full 200 Questions exams (only once).
4.) Also solved all 130 Questions from the Formula Study Guide package.
I had gone through all the PrepCast videos & I have attempted around 2500 Questions to boast up my confidence.
Practice as many situational questions as possible & also understand the concept behind the questions.

I just mainly focused on the Syllabus prepared by Cornelius as not to get distracted and do over study. I did not read PMBOK Guide as the PrepCast course was very much aligned to the PMBOK guide.
Above was my approach and it was successful.

Thanks Cornelius !!!

Day of the Exam:-

1.) I visited the Prometric Center before scheduling the appointment at that Prometric Center.
2.) My Exam was at 1 PM. I reached center at 11:30 AM and they have taken me for the exam after all verification and screening/checking.
3.) Used 15 mins for the Brain Dump. Prepared 43 Process Sheet and list done all the Formulas in 10 mins. You can master this by just writing it every morning as you wake up till the time you get perfect. Practice is the Key.
4.) Completed exam in around 3:15 hrs and took 15-20 mins to review the Marked Questions.
5.) Your heart will pump faster as the screen gets blank and says Please Wait... while it is calculating your score.
6.) Wear comfortable clothes.
7.) Be Confident and Don't take it on your Head that if you Fail this is the End. There are 3 chances given by PMI and I am sure that you will pass in the first attempt :)

Cheers and Happy Learning !!!

Best,
Pallavi Srivastava, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login