fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP Exam on 1st Try - Thanks to PM Prepcast

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP Exam on 1st Try - Thanks to PM Prepcast

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
8 years 3 months ago #6588

Christopher Scott

's Avatar

I pass on my first attempt taken Monday November 30, 2015.

Regarding the exam:
Overall, I found that the questions on the actual exam were a bit easier than the questions in the PM Prepcast practice exams and quizzes. The testing center supplied a booklet of 4 blank pages for dump sheet and notes. I found this to be more than adequate as I used only 2 sheets. The 4 hour time period went by fairly quickly. I did finish in just over 3 hours and then used the remaining time to review. I first reviewed marked questions and then reviewed all questions. In reviewing all questions, I gained more confidence in my answers.

Regarding my study and preparation:
I read the PMBOK twice before subscribing to PM Prepcast. This gave me a good knowledge of the language and overall project structure.

I started the PMPrepcast subscription in August. As I listened through the PM Prepcast recordings, I gained a deeper understanding of the PMBOK material. The recordings provided background information that supported the PMBOK reading as well as a great del of additional information not thoroughly covered in the PMBOK.

Once I completed all PM Prepcast recordings, I created my first dump sheet on what I thought I would need to know and sat for my first full practice exam. This gave me a good idea of what a four-hour exam period would be like and a baseline score. After my first practice exam, I scheduled my test date so that I had a hard deadline to complete additional studying and testing. I then took many quizzes on specific knowledge and process areas where my initial scores were lowest. I researched online to gather information for my dump sheet. I used some of my own ideas and borrowed from the experience of others as well. I updated my dump sheet many times, especially as I worked through the quizzes. In the 3 days immediately before my exam date, I took a quiz each day covering of all topics using 50-100 questions for each quiz. In the final days before the exam, I also copied my dump sheet 3-4 times per day. In the final days of preparation, I felt as if I had a solid understanding of the 47 processes so I concentrated mostly on ITTOs and the process interactions.

Regarding the exam day:
I purposefully scheduled an afternoon quiz period to allow my some cramming time in the morning. I spent the morning copying my dump sheet and performing some last minute updates to the dump sheet from additional online research. I concentrated my last-minute studying on the overall project cycle in relation to the PMBOK process chart with a focus on the differentiation of terminology pertaining to performing quality assurance and controlling quality as part of the delivery of project outputs and on the process interactions through ITTOs.

I arrived at the exam center early and was allowed early access to my test terminal. I began with a prayer and then spent 15-20 minutes writing out my dump sheet. Then I started through the questions. I did not take a break until I completed all 200 questions. I work best without interruptions, so decided that I would not take breaks unless I absolutely had to do so. My first pass through questions took me just over 3 hours. I had enough time left for a bathroom break, a review through marked questions and a quick review back through all questions. I unmarked my questions as I reviewed and felt more confident in my answers. As I reviewed through all exam questions for the second time, I concentrated on questions on which I was not 100% sure of my answers and double-checked all calculations.

When the congratulatory message displayed on the exam terminal to notify me of my passing scores, I felt a huge sense of relief. All the time and hard work invested in the reading, studying, listening to PM Prepcast recordings and taking practice exams and quizzes had paid off.

I can honestly say that I would not have passed the exam without the PM Prepcast. It was well worth the investment to gain a deeper and more well-rounded knowledge of the PMBOK content. I cannot see any reason to subscribe to the PMPrepcast PMP recordings without also subscribing to the practice exams and quizzes. The practice exams and quizzes were extremely valuable in building my knowledge and my confidence.

THANK YOU PM PREPCAST!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login