fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed the PMP test 1st try

Passed the PMP test 1st try 8 years 5 months ago #6426

• Vijay Mantha
  • Vijay Mantha's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I passed the test the first try. I also passed the CAPM test on the first try using similar methods.

The key is to understand the concepts. If that means diligently studying 2 hours a day for 4-5 months, then do that. I suck at taking tests, and this is the only way it works for me.

First, i spent 2 hours a day reviewing the pmprepcasts combined with skimming the pmbok in unison. Once i completed the lessons, i spent 1 week taking tests almost every day. i took in total 5 tests and 7 quizzes. I scored average 77% . I then reviewed everything that i got wrong on the tests and re-studied them using Rita's book.

The test was majority change management, but overall easy when compared to the practice tests.

Good luck.

Passed the PMP test 1st try 8 years 5 months ago #6441

• Tracey South
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 27
Double congrats on passing both the CAPM and PMP exams.

Tracey
Community Moderator

Passed the PMP test 1st try 8 years 5 months ago #6463

• Scott Gillard
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29
Wow. Nicely done! Double Congrats!
Community Moderator
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login