fbpx

Reply: Dream came true...The PMP Expedition...!!

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Dream came true...The PMP Expedition...!!

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
8 years 6 months ago #6328

Scott Gillard

HIP HIP HOORAY WITH YOU! Great job!
8 years 6 months ago #6319

Ram Narayan

's Avatar

Hip Hip Hurray…!! Finally dream came true……”Ram Narayan PMP “ !!!

Still couldn’t come out of the startling shock that I was able to get through the PMP test.
Targeted for 5P’s and was able to make 1P & 4MP’s. :laugh: :)

The entire journey of 3 months was a roller coaster ride and all the dedication and perseverance put in, reaped me a really optimistic outcome. The complete program also nurtured and empowered me to gain adequate knowledge that resulted in true contentment.

To be honest, my heart was in my mouth when the wheel started spinning until I saw ‘CONGRATULATIONS’ on the final day of the test.

Would like to pen down some of my contemplation's on how I was able to accomplish this which could be of great use to many who are on the urge of preparation.

1. Referred Rita Mulcahy in addition to PMBOK. Also covered few uncertain topics from Headsfirst & PM Study Circle.

2. Had taken all 9 exams from the PREPCAST Simulator. Made sure to be consistent in scoring above 80% in 8 papers with Max of 88% & 96%(ITTO). Took few chapter tests too.

3. Discussed uncertain topics in PM Prepcast Forum & got it clarified.

4. Attempted other reliable online mock exams too. My suggestion is not to rely on Oliver Lehmann scores.

5. Consistent learning of 2 to 3 hours every day & attempted the exams with utmost earnestness.

6. Analyzed all the questions after each exam. Marked almost 40 to 50 questions in each exam & reviewed everything carefully. Reviewing tends to be tiring and painful but it is very important to ascertain your proficiency & focus on key areas.

Suggestions on Exam:

1. Personally would suggest a minimum of 3 months preparation time.
2. Schedule the exam well in advance, i.e you can make the payment. However, select the date once you are very much confident.
3. Formulate a PMP Exam preparation Schedule.
4. Make a note of the scores on each completed test in the Prepcast template.

I hope these points help PMP aspirants in executing.

Good Luck !!

Yours Lovingly,

Ram Narayan PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login