fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed PMP Exam

Passed PMP Exam 8 years 7 months ago #6131

• Rachit Jauhari
  • Rachit Jauhari's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi All,
I wanted to share my experience on Passing the PMP Exam on the First Attempt.

1.) Done 2 months PMP Study.
2.) Subscribed PrepCast Videos, PMP Exam Simulator, Formulas Study Guide and Flashcards.
3.) Gone through the Videos and given eight Full 200 Questions exams (only once).
4.) Also solved all 130 Questions from the Formula Study Guide package.

Flashcards are just good to have but I have not used them much also I have not gone some of the videos but Yes, I have attempted around 1500 Questions this boast up my confidence. So make sure you attempt as many questions as you can and Not only attempt but Understand the concept behind the question. I am sure you will !!!

Yes, I also did not read Rita Mulchahy only 2-3 chapters in my initial study plan. But then I just focused on the Syllabus prepared by Cornelius as not to get distracted and do over study. Also my aim was to be PMP in 2 months. So have to trust only one course. I choose PrepCast.

Also I did not read PMBOK Guide as the Prepcast course is align to the PMBOK guide.

I am not advertising PrepCast. But its upto you how you plan your success to PMP certification. Above is my approach and it was successful.

Thanks Cornelius !!!

Day of the Exam:-

1.) I visited the Prometric Center before scheduling the appointment at that Prometric Center.
2.) My Exam was at 11:30 AM. I reached center at 10:00 AM and they have taken me for the exam after all verification and screening/checking.
3.) Used 15 mins for the Brain Dump. Prepared 43 Process Sheet and list done all the Formulas in 9 mins. You can master this by just writing it every morning as you wake up till the time you get perfect. Practice is the Key.
4.) Took one break for 5 mins as it was cold in the Prometic center. Advise:- Wear comfortable clothes and make sure that you keep youself warm if the center AC is cold. I wore a Jean Shirt and a t-shirt beneath and shorts.
5.) Completed exam in around 3:15 hrs and took 15-20 mins to review the Marked Questions.
6.) Yes, Your heart will pump faster as the screen gets blank and says Please Wait... while it is calculating your score.
7.) Be Confident and Don't take it on your Head that if you Fail this is the End. There are 3 chances given by PMI and I am sure that you will pass in the first attempt because you surely study more than I did :P

Cheers and Happy Learning !!!

Passed PMP Exam 8 years 7 months ago #6138

• Tracey South
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 27
Congratulations Rachit!
Community Moderator
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login