fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed the PMP Exam Aug. 19, 2015

Passed the PMP Exam Aug. 19, 2015 8 years 8 months ago #6026

• Kristian
  • Kristian's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
First thing, I would recommend is watching all the videos from PMP Prepcast and have a study textbook with you to follow a long and make notes. I used PMP Head First. Also, you should purchase a PMP simulator online such as the PMExam Simulator. After each knowledge area you go through you should do a 25 question exam quiz and score 85% or higher, if you don’t do another one till you do. You should know the change management process very well and the KEY tools and techniques by heart and know what they are used for. Do not get Manage Communications, Mange Stakeholder, Direct and Manage Project Work and Manage Project Team mixed up, know them inside out. You may get some questions about Point of Total Assumption so know the calculations well. If you have access to Rita’s book her calculations are very good. If you know how to do all of them you will be fine on the exam, as the exam is easier than her calculations. (Know Earned Value and what it does extremely well, and try test questions from other sites or books on just EV). You should know the Closing procedure well and what consists in it.

After all of this do at least 5 full mock exams from the simulator. Score 85% or higher to be sure and score 85% or higher on at least 3 of them. I didn’t read the PMBOK, I just used it as a reference or guide, that is what it is for anyways right.

The day before the exam I would review your notes but don’t do any mock tests. I wouldn’t do more than 1 mock test in a day. I did but my brain was so exhausted that I actually ended up scoring a few percent lower.

Good luck!
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login