fbpx

Reply: Passed after three attempts

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed after three attempts

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
8 years 7 months ago #5998

Ali Manrique

's Avatar

My experience was quite eventful. I presented the test three times!!.

My first failure was because I signed up to present without having prepared enough, relying only on my experience. I had less than a month to read the Rita Mulcahy Book, superficially. I presented the exam and left poor in three of the five groups of processes.

The second time I tried to spend more time and for this study with Rita Mulcahy's book and the author simulator. I took time from my work, which involves constantly moving in three countries. The second time, I took care only to study the book and simulator from Rita Mulcahy, did not pay much attention to the PMBOK and presented the test. That day I studied until hours before the test, I was late to the center, very stressed. The review found very easy, and it did in two hours and half. Unfortunately I failed the test and that depressed me a lot.

The third and last time, I decided to understand what were the reasons for the previous failure and with that attitude, I programmed my preparation. I took 20 days in a row. I started on July 13 and presented the test on August 12. I studied on weekdays and weekends rested. The first thing I did was use the Internet to seek advice and other points of views. I found the Shiv site, I downloaded their books and advice, also, Shiv recommended Cornelius Fichtner’s simulator , which bought. Additionally I used the site PM Study Circle, which clarifies various topics that tend to confuse.

This time use as the basis the PMBOK Guide. I worked with ITTOS to master the mechanics of the inputs, tools and outputs. I explained the concepts that are confusing. Study about 8 hours daily, from zero. I prepared thoroughly every area of knowledge and understanding expanded with material from Shiv PM Exam Smart Notes and PM Study Circle. The simulator was a great help. It helped me to find gaps in my knowledge and to understand how the test works. I made 6 of the 9 examination that brings the simulator.

I stopped studying two days before the test. I scheduled the exam in the afternoon, because in Mexico City, the traffic is very complicated in the morning and did not want to take risks to address the center. I went to my exam three hours before and arrived 45 minutes earlier. I presented the review calmed and analyzed each question to avoid repeating past mistakes. I followed the advice of Shiv and Cornelius in relation to the examination. I had Proficient in three areas (P, E, M&C) and I am now PMP.

Thanks to my family, people like Shiv from PM Exam Smart Notes and Fahad Usmani from PM Study Circle and Cornelius Fichtner and his simulator. Thanks!!

Ali Manrique
México City, México

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login