fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP Exam with 4 weeks of preparation

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP Exam with 4 weeks of preparation

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 3 months ago #12664

Muammar Nasser

Thanks for the helpful post.
I just submitted a post asking if it is possible to make it in 4 weeks.

You encouraged me to do it.
see you after 4 weeks.

thanks again.
8 years 7 months ago #6079

Amy

's Avatar

How many hours have you sat for preparing?
Have you taken the exam after each chapter?
Where can we get pm precast?
Pls help me with these.
8 years 8 months ago #5976

Narender Jayachandran

Hello Everyone,

I am glad to say that I passed the PMP exam today and now it is my turn to pass on the wisdon. It took me 4 weeks to prepare. Here is how I did it.

Resources: How to Pass Your PMP on your First Try, Andy Crowe
PM Prepcast by our very own Cornelius Fitchner
PM Prepcast exam simulator
PMBOK Guide
(I just did the end of chapter questions in Rita Mulcahy)

Method: I usually read a chapter in Andy Crowe's book, grasped the basics and then I would listen to the corresponding podcast from PM prepcast. This really helped me. I then attempted the end of chapter questions in both Andy Crowe's book and Rita Mulcahy's book. If I made mistakes I would consult the text book again.

I took a total of 6 practice tests. 4 of them were from PM Prep Cast Exam Simulator. Pay close attention to the mistakes you make in the exam. I would analyze the mistake and then read the corresponding information in the PMBOK guide.
The PM prepcast tests were spot on.

Take the practice exams seriously and try to finish it fast as you can. This will boost your confidence. It only took me a little over two hours to finish the practice test but don't go fast in the real exam.

Before the Exam:

1) Boost your confidence. Stretch yourself or exercise.

2) Make sure you are well hydrated and try and bring a snack or at least some mint, which is what I did. Your mouth tends to get dry and you don't want to drink too much water during the exam.

On Exam Day:

I took 3 and half hours to finish the exam and half-hour to review marked questions. Pace yourself and take your time. It only took me a little over two hours to take the practice test but I decided to take it slow on the real exam.
Marking the questions and reviewing can be make or break. I changed answers for 14 questions and I am sure I got them right only because I changed them.

Let me know if you have any questions and good luck !

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login