fbpx

Reply: Cleared PMP 4P 1M

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Cleared PMP 4P 1M

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
8 years 6 months ago #6040

Narayan

's Avatar

Hello,

Congratulations...!! on your success.

As you have scored a pretty good marks in Oliver Lehmann papers can you please help me out to answer the float questions out of 75.

www.oliverlehmann.com/pmp-self-test/75-free-questions.htm

Am pretty confused with the questions of 18, 31 & 75 related with Float & free float concepts.

Regards,
Narayan
8 years 8 months ago #5852

Kinjal Nandy

Hi,

I cleared PMP on 9th July after 3 months of preparation. If this is of any help to the PMP aspirants, I'll share my roadmap:

Books Used: PMBOK 5 + Rita Mulcahy
Training: PM Prepcast online tutorials
Mock Exams: Oliver Lehman 175 + 75 free questions, PM Exam Simulator- completed 6 of 9 exams.
Duration: 3 months

It essentially took me about 2.5 hours to finish the exam. Essentially if you prepare well( and there are indicators for that), it shouldn't take you more than that. You either know the answer or you don't.

Steps to prepare:
1. I completed RITA MULCAHY book and Prepcast videos simultaneously, chapter by chapter.
2. Then I again went through the RITA MULCAHY chapters and answered the questions at the end of the chapters.
3. Then I covered the PMBOK 5 chapter by chapter.
4. Then RITA + PMBOK 5 chapter by chapter.
5. Then I entered the exam practice mode. PM Examsimulator exams are really very good and you should try to finish if possible ALL the exams before giving the main exam. In the first mock exam I had hit 87.5%. Then I booked the main exam.
6. I would then give 1 exam every day of the weekends, understand the mistakes I'm making and read the sections where I feel the gaps exist.
7. I had 82% in the Oliver Lehman 175Q tests and 81% in the 75 Q.
8. In between the mock exams which I gave every weekend, I would study the Rajesh Nair notes( take care these are meant for PMBOK 4)
9. I didn't memorize the ITTO, but given options for elimination, I could pin point the correct answers.
10. Main exam was much easier. If you are hitting above 85% in every pm exam simulator test, you are sure to pass with good grades.

A big thanks to PM Prepcast videos, really helped get the core concepts cleared.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login