fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP 0n 6/14/2015

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP 0n 6/14/2015

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
8 years 9 months ago #5740

Scott Gillard

CONGRATS!!!!
8 years 9 months ago #5739

Ishan Jha

I started my PMP journey last year in September when I filled out the application. My application was selected for audit and the audit completed on October 15th. I had 1 year from 15th October 2014 to take the test. I didn’t really start my preparation until mid-march this year. I scheduled my test for 14th June in May and took the test yesterday and passed with 4 p and 1 MP (Closing)

To me the biggest challenge was concentrating while studying when I started. I realized the only solution is to just keep studying, it gets better in couple of weeks. I studied for 2-3 hours every day for around 2-2.5 months.

I used PMBOK, PM PrepCast and Rita for preparation and believe that PMBOK and any guide should do the trick.

I started with Rita first time and took me about 2 weeks, at this time I got the general idea about the course.

Then, I read PMBOK and it took me about 2 weeks again and it felt very overwhelming.

Went through PM PrepCast and things made much more sense.

Read PMBOK again and that gave me a fair idea around the structure and flow of the subject.

Started taking mock tests (Free ones) and was scoring around 60-75%, but that gave me a lot of idea around the kind of question to expect.

Took many free tests (8 to 10) and found some week areas and new concepts. (Score ranging 65-85%)

Finally 10 days before exam read PM PrepCast, Rita and PMBOK together and everything seemed to make sense because I knew the material, structure and kind of question to expect.

Took the test and passed.

My suggestion to anyone taking the test is that don’t worry about memorizing anything. By the time you finish your preparation everything should make natural sense.

Finally, Project management is more of a science than art, so read it like science and am sure you would do well.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login