fbpx

Reply: Passed Mar 18

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed Mar 18

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
8 years 10 months ago #5582

David Bishop

As long as you are working on the areas that the tests are showing you are vulnerable in...you should be fine. Distill your trouble areas down to key words and write them on index cards.

Practice doing your brain dump.

Be careful of overstudying to the point of second guessing yourself, relax and get a good night's sleep. Get to the test site early, bring snacks and some bottle water for breaks. Good luck!
8 years 10 months ago #5581

Suhel Siddique

Congratulations on your success.

I am due for test on 21st May, and I have been scoring average 80% in 6 exams which I took on PM simulator. I also took Andy prep book test again 80 % and Oliver 75 with 64 %

Just concerned if its the good measure for my readiness, comparing the difficulty level of PM simulator and real PMP exam.

Let me know if my concern is something which should subside based on my score so far and difficulty level of real exam.

Thanks
Suhel
8 years 10 months ago #5579

David Bishop

Initiating, Planning, Executing - Proficient. M & C, Closing - Moderately
Proficient.

I started studying by going through all the videos and that, I felt, laid the proper foundation. I then read Rita Mulcahy’s book and I think that was easier to digest because I was already very familiar with the subject matter. I then came back to the PrepCast Test Simulator prior to the test. After determining my weakness, only then returned to those sections in the PMBOK.

I have a fellow PM here at work that has a serious test phobia and I've been telling her relax and schedule the test as soon as she can. Schedule the test as soon as you’ve met your requirements because the half-life of this material is quick. It wasn’t as hard as I thought but it is long. I cruised through the first 100 questions and then started to get fatigued. I really struggled through the last 40 – not that the questions got harder, I was just tired and started to question my
initial answers. I actually did change several marked questions, which goes against some prescribed test theory...but I think it's more because later questions reminded me of things.

The PrepCast simulator questions were a bit harder than the actual test. That caused some undue stress; however, they help you focus on
what you need to learn better. My mistake was waiting until a couple of days
before to take those tests and I never sat through a whole test. The simulator should be used for acclimating and training to the length of the exam; I highly recommend the PrepCast and Test simulator. Cornelius’ structured delivery of the subjects helped train me to figure out PMI’s structure. The PrepCast and Test Simulator were both truly fantastic learning aides. Thank you, Cornelius!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login