fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP exam on 28 April ...5Ps on 1st Attempt

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP exam on 28 April ...5Ps on 1st Attempt

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
8 years 10 months ago #5551

Murambwa Clever Haparari

Hie David

Real work experience can cloud your approach to PMP questions, and what helped in my case was to dump some work practices and adopt the PMBOK way and as I adopted PMBOK into my PM practice, it was then easy to attack the question.

Eat, Sleep, drink PMBOK, make it the basis of your search for the best answer......
8 years 10 months ago #5519

David Macaskill

I'm on a similar path. I'm going through the 8 practice exams from PrepCast (alas hitting only about 70%) and I'm struck at how pedantic are some of the questions. "Best Answer" I find subjective (perhaps tainted by real work experience). Also some of the questions hang in a single line in the PMBOK. Are the practice exams really representative of the sort of things we'll see in the real exam?
8 years 10 months ago #5459

Scott Gillard

Congrats!
8 years 10 months ago #5452

Murambwa Clever Haparari

Hie Cornelius....Thank you for the great suite of products...it made PMP exam prep way easier. Your study advice is also phenomenal, very few would advice you to read another author's material....as if PM prepcast wasnt enough on its own.
It took me 3 months to prepare. I studied the PMBOK guide together with the PM Prepcast video tutorials, after studying a knowledge area in PMBOK, I followed up with PM Prepcast Tutorials, then the self assessments in PM Prepcast, then those in RITA's 8th edition. After 8 weeks I was done with those 2 and jumped onto RITA's 8th edition, then last was the 9 Sample exams from the PM prepcast suite....and I was ready to roll. I put in 2hrs study per day....
I got to the eaxm center an hour before the scheduled time and went through all pre exam checks, was ushered into the exam room, and I hoped to do my brain dump during the 15min tutorial but the officials said I wasnt allowed to...and I didnt panic as I had thoroughly prepared....I went straight into the exam...questions werent easy and not familiar though familiar style. At first I marked many for review, and left those that required calculations for later, with 2hr45 I had reached then went back to the incomplete and marked....and utilised the full remaining hour. I was sure to have passed but 5Ps was a pleasant surprise as I had achieved that in only one Sample exam. My advice, as Cornelius advices, study to understand not to crame....and this is one exam I went into with thorough understanding...to those preparing for the exam..its not easy but it can be done with enough committment.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login