fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Target Achieved

Target Achieved 9 years 5 days ago #5389

• Amr Hashem
  • Amr Hashem's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I finally got my PMP and from the first try. The keys for me were:
- Don't expect unrealistic preparation period. You need not to be demoralized.
- Choose the right moment in your life, when you get the chance to fit your studies in your daily schedule (job transition, long commutes), and when you have enough experience to get the right feeling of what you're reading.
- when you start it, don't stop until you get it.
- Exams, exams, exams.
I started when I changed jobs, I knew I would have a transition phase and I could fit my studies in my daily routine. I did all the preparation in commute (reading the PMBOK, listening to Podcasts), here you get to know the terminologies.
Then I started the exams simulations in weekends and did the review in commute, and here you increase your knowledge and spot your weak areas, and create your study notes.
One of the weak areas was the ITTO. I put all the IO's on few A3 papers and drew arrows, identified the repeated ones. I read separately the TT's.
In 7 months time I learned the PMI language and I gained the confidence. I followed the 80% simulation exams score rule, and at the 6th simulation, I booked the real one. By the time I took the real exam, I had taken 8 out of 9 simulations. The real one is similar in nature to PM Exam simulator and even simpler I felt, and you just have to trust yourself.
Good Luck in yours and don't leave it dragging for long.
Amr Hashem
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login