fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP exam on first try - Here's how

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP exam on first try - Here's how

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
9 years 2 months ago #5062

Florian

's Avatar

Hi folks,

on 12th January I passed my PMP exam on the first try. I scored proficient in all 5 domains and couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the result on the screen at the testing center. :woohoo:

Here's a short summary on how I studied for the exam.
As I wanted to be bulletproof for the exam I started quite early to sutdy in order to fully internalize the PMI methodology.

I used diverse study concepts to prepare for the exam consisting of:
- Web based trainings from ESI (Quality Management, Risk Management, Cost control and Schedulin, Project Leadership, Management and Communications)
- PMBOK Guide 5th Edition (printed and digital copy)
- Rita's PM Prep book based on PMBOK 5th edition
- Head first PMP book
- PM Exam Simulator (PM Prepcast)

Starting end of August 2014 I began reading the Head First book which gives you a comprehensive and entertaining way to understand all concepts.
Then I read the PMBOK guide once followed by Rita's prep book. In the meantime I started to look for possible test questions and ended up with the PM exam simulator which was my main source for test exams and single test questions. I really liked the intuitive application and the quality of the test questions. They really prepare you for the real exam. Until two weeks before the exam I read the PMBOK guide and Rita's book again.

2 weeks before the exam I had an extended christmas holiday which I have used to study for the exam. I studied 5-6 hours a day and completed about 2000 test questions including 7 real time exam tests. In addition I went through the PMBOK and Rita's book a third time.
This last days were quite exhausting but I focused on my goal and luckily it paid off.

B)

After 40-50 questions during the exam my anxiety vanished and I had a good feeling to pass the test.
In total I spent about 300 hours to prepare for the exam. I think that not everyone needs so many hours of studying for all the concepts but it was my personal attitude to learn intense and feel good at the exam.

Thank you PM PrepCast for the good exam preparation. :)

Cheers
Florian

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login