fbpx

Reply: PMP Passed-Thanks Podcasts

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMP Passed-Thanks Podcasts

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
9 years 5 months ago #4754

Deepak Kumar Dash,PMP

I m glad to share that on 4th Nov 2014 I have cleared PMP exam on my 1st attempt .Last 2 weeks prior to exam had been a really gruesome for me. I happen to manage/lead/consult SAP projects since last 7 years with different organizations for different clients from different locations globally. As a step by step approach ,1st I became a member of PMI. Downloaded PMBOK 5th Ed. Read many times. Partially understood partially not.2nd step I enrolled myself for Prep cast for 2 reasons ,needed 35 contact hours and needed explanations with examples on PMI,PMP concepts. I used to spend 4-5 hours after 9 p.m. every night (After my office hours and family work etc.).This I did for entire October 2014.In the meanwhile in October 1st week submitted PMP application. Within a week I was advised to schedule my exam ,which I did for 4th Nov. Then I took the exam and Hurray ,I did it.

At this outset let me tell you how I have been benefited out of Podcasts explained by Cornelius. I used to read PMBOK, and then watch podcast related to that subject. Podcast provides a clear understanding and many examples supported helps to understand, Concepts like CCP,CCM ,Facilitation techniques, EVM etc. and audios like Authority, Team development, Requirements gathering etc. On each mp4 file there is one or more exam tips help you simulate the exam scene and prepare the candidate. I used to take Quizzes related to the module as soon I complete the module. Once all modules are completed I used to take random quizzes. Last week before the exam I have taken Simulated exams many times .I suggest effort should be done to complete the questions by 3 hours and revise in another half an hour. Leave all formula related questions to be attempted last. One thing I can assure the questions of PMP exam are mostly similar like theses simulated questions. But one may not expect direct questions like ITTO of the related process.

These are some of the help I received from Podcasts.

Thanks to Cornelius n team

Regards
Deepak Kumar Dash,PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login