fbpx

Reply: Passed the PMP exam on my first try!

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed the PMP exam on my first try!

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
14 years 8 months ago #381

Cornelius Fichtner

Lynn,

Congratulations! I am glad that my guidance and the PrepCast have helped making you a PMP!

And don't forget that you now need to earn PDUs and that you can get 15 free PDUs from The Project Management Podcast at www.thepmpodcast.com/pdu.html - There are over 100 hours of interviews with project managers waiting for you at the incredible cost of "it's free"... B)
14 years 8 months ago #379

Lynn Lefevre

On August 4th, I passed the PMP exam. It was gruelling and exhausting and I'm glad it's over. I really must thank Cornelius Fichtner and the PrepCast for the invaluable information and advice that was provided. I know it was one of the main factors that helped me to pass first time.

One of the best pieces of advice Cornelius offered at the outset was to treat the PMP preparation like a project - set up a schedule and progressively elaborate on all the tasks required as you get more understanding of what is needed. Set realistic dates and stick to them.

I started by reading through the PMBOK once to get an understanding of what was required. Then, by listening to the podcasts, it really helped to put things into prospective. Some of the sessions, I listened to multiple times until I understood the concept being presented completely.

Take as many tests as you can, at all stages of your studying (I found the ones at pmstudy to be the very helpful). I also found the white papers from HeadFirst on critical path and risk management to be very helpful.

Lastly, I also created a number of blank word templates for processes, formulas, charts, theories, etc that I would pick up and fill in whenever I had the time which really helped me to memorize the content.

Again, thanks so much for the prepcasts, they are wonderful and I am really looking forward to using the followup podcasts and lectures to continue my education in project management.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login