fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed PMP / Thank you PM-PrepCast team

Passed PMP / Thank you PM-PrepCast team 9 years 8 months ago #4566

• Jennifer Weiler
  • Jennifer Weiler's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Thank you PM PrepCast and How To Pass The PMP on Your First Try (book). I started the PMP journey in April and completed 23 Aug 2014. It is imperative to get a study guide along with the PMBOK guide. After doing the PrepCast two or three times, I ordered the book How To Pass The PMP On Your First Try. That was a god-send as it was written in plain English and made infinitely more sense than the PMBOK. Then, after a few emails from Cornelius' team, I discovered the 10-Day Model. I had more than 10-days to get through it so I did it at least twice for every chapter and three times for other chapters. The 10-Day Model says to Read-Watch-Read. Since I had two books, I read the PMBOK-watched the prep-cast-read the How To Pass The PMP On Your First Try. This way I had a thorough knowledge of the PMBOK vocabulary and a thorough knowledge of what to expect on the exam. I watched and re-watched some of the videos that I just couldn't grasp - which helped tremendously. Other videos I skipped through on the third and fourth time through.
I took all 9 PM Simulator. I took a few free online tests. The SIMs were the BEST thing to get me through the real exam. I was flying through SIMs #8 and 9 at 2.5 hours, but the actual test took me 3.5 hours. The test is full of prepositional phrases and convoluted wording (no one really talks like that). But, since I knew I had plenty of time, I read very slowly and took my time. Some questions took me over 5 minutes, and some questions took less than 10 seconds due to the mass amount of studying I did.
Passing the PMP is a great and difficult journey. I'm thrilled to be part of this exclusive club.
Last edit: by Yolanda Mabutas.

Passed PMP / Thank you PM-PrepCast team 9 years 8 months ago #4568

• Dawn Upperman
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 19
Hi Jennifer,

Congratulations on passing your exam and for sharing your story! You really did put in a great deal of study....and welcome to the PMP community!
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login