fbpx

Reply: Passed my PMP!

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed my PMP!

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
9 years 8 months ago #4561

Susan Landin

Let me start off by saying that this was not an easy milestone but one that can be achieved.

I studied for 12 weeks, 6 days a week on average of 3 hours per day. Gathering and filling out the application was a small project in itself. I was one of the lucky ones to get selected for audit. Since I already discussed my application with prior managers, submitting the documents were quite easy. I was approved in less than a week!

For my study, I used the PM PrepCast - this was so valuable because I drive 1 hour each way to work and I was able to listen. I read the pmbok once, but referred to it a few times. I also read Andy Crowe- How to pass on your first try. Easy reading.

Preparing with questions - PM Exam Simulator, I answered over 1500 questions taking 2 full exams and mostly 100 questions at a time

Exam central - 200 questions
Pm study 100 questions
Pmp for sure -100 questions
Sean Whitaker questions for pmp 400 questions

So you see, quite a lot and so important . Average score on first attempt 81, some a few points more some a few points less.
Timing was never a issue on practice exams however that was NOT the case in the real exam.

I was shocked on how long each questions was taking me! I only marked about 10 questions because my first instinct was usually correct in practice. I finished the exam with 15 minutes to spare. Reviewed about 2 questions, then said "let's just get it over with" .
I pressed the end exam and covered my eyes, peaking to see if anything came up on the screen - something did but didn't say congratulations - it asked to take a survey. I decided not to and pressed again - after what seemed like forever, the magic words did appear - I am a PMP!

Thank you, to my family who had to deal with my craziness during this time - house didn't stay so clean and dinners were not as detailed as usual but we survived.

And of course,thank you Cornelius Fichtner for your insights and materials.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login