fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: How I passed the PMP (on 1st try) on May 6, 2014!!

How I passed the PMP (on 1st try) on May 6, 2014!! 9 years 9 months ago #4276

• Ayo O
  • Ayo O's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Hi Cornelius and friends,

I passed the PMP exam yesterday!! These are my proficiencies:

Initiation - MP
Planning - P
Executing - P

M&C - MP
Closing - P

Here are the materials I used:

1. Parallel Project Training Podcasts (This was what dymystified PMBOK Guide for me and I moved to PM PrepCast)
2. PM PrepCast
3. Rita Mulcahy PMP Exam Prep 8th Edition
4. Pmlessonslearned.com Podcasts
5. PM Exam Simulator (Answered all 1800 questions)
6. PM FASTrack PMP v8 (Answered all 1600 questions)
7. PMBOK Guide

PM FASTrack PMP v8 (Rita Mulcahy)

Exam 1 Failed the Exam (59.5%) - This was like a pre-test, I just wanted to have a feel of the exam.
Exam 2 Need More Practice (66.3%)
Exam 3 Need More Practice (70%)
Exam 4 Great Work! (77%)
Exam 5 Great Work! (79%)
Exam 6 Need More Practice (73%)
Exam 7 Great Work! (80%)
Exam 8 Great Work! (85.5%)

PMP Exam Simulator (Cornelius Fichtner)

Exam 1 Pass (81%)
Exam 2 Pass (85%)
Exam 3 Pass (84%)
Exam 4 Pass (82%)
Exam 5 Pass (85%)
Exam 6 Fail (78%)
Exam 7 Pass (84%)
Exam 8 Fail (77%)
Exam 9 (ITTO Questions only) Pass (94%)

My Story

I started studying January 1, 2014 (Getting the PMP was my new year resolution:) ). I got my 35 contact hours from PM prepcast. I had 23/25 in my final assessment test. I joined the PMI and I submitted my application and got an email after 3 days to "Continue with my Application". This required me to pay PMP Exam fee. As soon as I submitted the payment, I just saw "Your PMP application is being Audited". Here comes the dreaded application audit!

I had told my boss about my application (He is a PMP) and also helped review it before I submitted it. The audit went very smooth. I mailed out the audit package on Monday (around noon) and it was delivered to them by USPS on Wednesday morning. By noon I got an email that I had passed the audit. I immediately scheduled my test.

On the test day, I did some workout on the elliptical to reduce some stress :). I got to the test center one hour early and I was allowed to start immediately. I made sure I answered each question as I progressed (selected an option even if I was not sure) and marked the ones I was not sure of.

I had about 30 minutes left when I eventually went through all 200 questions. I started my review and I noticed I had marked 40 questions! This meant I had less than a minute to review each one. I was on 38th or 39th review question when the time ran out. I was pretty confident I was going to pass.

Then came the survey...I was too eager to see the much awaited "Congratulations..." and opted out of the survey (Yes you can - you don't have to get stressed out for another 15 minutes answering survey questions :) ).

One word of advice - Please know Risk, Time and Cost management like the back of your hand. You will see a lot of questions on these Knowledge areas - and you have to be prepared for them. Also the answers aren't as straight forward as in exam simulators. You really need to know how the processes interact to figure out the right answer.

That's my story folks. I am now a PMP!

BR/Ayo
MSc, PMP
Community Moderator
OSP International LLC
Last edit: by Yolanda Mabutas.

How I passed the PMP (on 1st try) on May 6, 2014!! 9 years 9 months ago #4338

• aspiring PMP
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Congratulations!

I really liked your feedforward as it gave a simple and clear history including test scores of how you prepared. I am taking the PMP on Friday - 2 more days to study. I have only done 5 simulations. Your scores help me assess where I'm at.

Thanks!

How I passed the PMP (on 1st try) on May 6, 2014!! 9 years 9 months ago #4340

• Ayo O
  • Ayo O's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Good luck on your test tomorrow!
Please share your lessons learned also to help the folks coming behind.
MSc, PMP
Community Moderator
OSP International LLC

How I passed the PMP (on 1st try) on May 6, 2014!! 9 years 9 months ago #4353

• Manav Goel
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Congratulations!!

Thanks for the details. It really help settle the excitement levels.

I am taking the exam in the first week of July 14.

Wish me luck.

Regards,
Manav Goel

How I passed the PMP (on 1st try) on May 6, 2014!! 9 years 9 months ago #4361

• Ebrahiem AlGindy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Congratulations,

How I passed the PMP (on 1st try) on May 6, 2014!! 7 years 11 months ago #7247

• Dion
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello and congrats on passing the exam!

Comparing PM FASTrack PMP v8 (Rita Mulcahy) and PMP Exam Simulator (Cornelius Fichtner) which one you think it's closer to the real exam? Would you say both are more or less the same or one is much more valuable than the other.

Thank you :)

Dion

Please share with me supporting softwares and meterials 7 years 9 months ago #7500

• Shaheena Irum
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Please share with me PMP simulator and other supportive tools to passed the exams.
Thank You

How I passed the PMP (on 1st try) on May 6, 2014!! 7 years 7 months ago #8123

• Karthikeyan Devi
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Friend,

Will you be able to share all those Simulators and materials used for the Preparation with me for a charge of Few Dollars.

How I passed the PMP (on 1st try) on May 6, 2014!! 5 years 4 months ago #15758

• Nahid
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi There,
after your profile approved in PMI how long you need to pass the exam?
Thanks,
Nahid.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login