fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP Feb 15th 2014

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP Feb 15th 2014

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
10 years 3 weeks ago #4052

Michael

's Avatar

I find it interesting about the schools of thought on memorizing the ITTOs. I always try to clarify for people that they should do what they feel is best for their education, naturally. I've seen people say not to memorize the ITTOs and those who do. I am in the latter. I think memorizing played a big role in helping me on the exam because I was able to visualize the flow upon seeing the key words written into the questions. Some would prefer to use the logic flow alone. I think it depends on how quick one's mind can surmise a question's key point and put it in the order of the answer that the question is seeking. At the very least, memorizing for me allows me to avoid the complete brain dump that some people experience after passing since I plan on using much of the methodology in my own project management applications.
10 years 3 weeks ago #4048

Muhammad Ali Humayun

's Avatar

Hi All - To begin with, First I would like to say thanks to Prep Cast. I would have not been able to complete my PMP exam without there Help.
My Lesson Learned:
It took me 6 weeks to get prepared for PMP exam. Every weekday after work I studied 6 hours, and on Weekends I pulled in more then 8 - 10 hours.
1. Completed all the Audio/Video from Prep Cast.
2. Read PMBook twice, end to end.
3. Made my own notes (Not recommended for every one, it took me 4 weeks to complete them). But they were extremely helpful few days before exam.
4. Used exam simulator throughout 6 weeks with quizzes, tests, and complete exams. First time I took the exam I got 74%. Before the actual exam, I was averaging 85%+
5. Real exam was way off to the simulator, no related questions. Please remember the real exam for me was more then 95% situation questions, nothing related to inputs, tools and techniques. The simulator is only helpful in getting me prepared for 4 hours long exam and giving me a concept of exam. Real exam was in no way close the simulator exams or questions.
6. The prep Cast Video will take some new user time to get used to it, for me they were a little to slow, but much needed. If you are not familiar with the concepts please listen carefully and try to grasp the concept. They are explained extremely well in there. If you try this with PMBOK, you will miss them at all.
7. In the end, please please please do not try to memorize inputs, tools n outputs. I did and I think that I wasted my time on it. Learn the concept and you will be just fine, and please pay an extremely great importance to planning process group. Without planning any project will fail. :)
My Final Result, Proficient in 4 , Moderately proficient in 1.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login