fbpx

Reply: PASSED PMP EXAM LESSONS LEARNED

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PASSED PMP EXAM LESSONS LEARNED

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
10 years 2 months ago #3986

Vicki Kilmurray

It took me 3 goes to pass the PMP exam. Unfortunately I didn't find the Prepcast until I had already attempted the exam twice. Had I known about the Prepcast from the start of my PMP journey I am sure I would have passed first go.
Lessons Learned, for me find a reputable PMP educator. Unfortunately there are a number of "snake oil salesmen" out there. The company I initially went with had all the qualifications RER etc but the subject matter was not taught at the level needed to get the exam done. The Prepcast goes into much more detail and is especially good for those with minimal project management experience like me. I spent 4 hours a day 7 days a week for 9 weeks studying for the exam, a huge commitment but I think essential. I read the PMBOK guide twice cover to cover. I listened to the entire prepcast twice. I did about 2200 simulation exam questions. The simulator that the prepcast offers with 9 simulation exams was key to my exam prep. On day of exam I passed in about 3.5 hours so I had plenty of time. All the formula questions and hard questions I marked and answered at the end, a great strategy so you utilise the exam time efficiently. I did a brain dump as soon as I got into the exam this is key to exam success, I referred to it many times throughout the exam. Take a break if you have time, drink some water and take a little pre prepared snack to keep your energy level high. Good luck to all on the PMP journey.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login