fbpx

Reply: Passed on first try, 29th of July!

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed on first try, 29th of July!

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
10 years 7 months ago #3673

Piergiorgio Gasparetti

Hi All,
I have passed the exam on 29th of July. I started studying since half of may but working full time and with two little children...

I used the following materials:
1) PrepCast podcasts for one monhs only during early morning and weekends, very clear and useful while I was keeping my one month daughter in the arms..
2) Professional Study Guide ed.5 by Heldman, for one months, to go deeper into concepts
3) PMBOK ed. 4, last months, to fix basic concepts and understand flows of informations and documents, instead of learning by heart
4) PMPREPCAST Exam Simulator, expecially last two weeks, taking totally nearly 700 questions with an average of 75% of success

Some considerations from the exam:
- In general I personally felt the exam questions long to think about, because often situational
- After 2 hours I have answered only 90 questions but I I made the same a 5 min pause, which was very relaxing, eating something outside the room. Maybe because I was too much relaxed..., I found myself with only 120 questions after 3 hours, so I decided to go on very quicky using more my instinct. In this way I answered 80 questions in one hour, without any time to check marked ones.

So my princial suggestions is to keep under contro timing every half an hour and change eventually on time the method of replying.

Within every aspects (membership on PMI, Prepcast, books and exam), the experience was very fascinating.

Bye Pergiorgio

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login