fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP on 2nd try, 4th Edition!!! Lesson Learn

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP on 2nd try, 4th Edition!!! Lesson Learn

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
10 years 7 months ago #3669

CHARBEL NEMNOM

Dear All,

Finally, I passed the 4th edition on July 3rd before changing it to V5.

Firstly, I would like to thank Mr. Cornelius Fichtner for his wonderful products 'The PM PrepCast, PM Exam simulator and PM Formula Study guide'.

My background is as an IT technical manager, where I've basically had the opportunity to lead and participate in many projects over the past 6 years.

The studying plan started last February based on below materials:

1. PMBOK Vol. 4 formal classroom training.
2. I joined PMI and downloaded the electronic version of the PMBOK Guide.
3. PMBOK Guide Vol. 4 (Read one time).
4. PM PrepCast (Repeated 4 times).
5. PM Exam simulator, practice all 8 exams.
6. PM Formula Study guide.
7. PM Rita Mulcahy Vol.7 – Practice all questions for each Knowledge Area.
8. Pocket PMP® Exam – Rita Mulcahy – 200 tough questions.
9. PMZilla Ebook – 275 questions tough questions.
10. The PMP Exam, quick reference guide by Andy Crowe.
11. Using Microsoft Project to keep an eye on the progress and schedule.

I studied PM PrepCast simultaneously with PMBOK (The PMBOK guide is dry reading, but Cornelius mentioned clearly that you must get beyond that for the "success"). PMBOK contains information that was not covered elsewhere but did appear in tests (simulation/actual).
I listened (and re-listened) to the PM PrepCast topics every day even when driving to test center as well :) .

I took my first test on May 28th, the test result did tell me that I was not as proficient within Planning, Executing, Monitor & Controlling process groups.

I rescheduled for July 3rd in a different Prometric center since this time everyone was submitting the exam before the changes to V5 and I couldn’t find a place.
I repeated the PM Prepcast once again. This round of studying, I concentrated on PM Prepcast along with PMBOK Vol. 4 book, knowing ITTO's (not memorizing but knowing the flows) - for me this was critical and definitely helped to pass the exam.

Note:
- I wrote page 43 PMBOK Guide and the formulas during the 15 minutes prior the exam starts (I practiced to write them within this time frame).
- In both tests I took the full 4 hours and did not take any breaks – eating, drinking and going to the bathroom prior was critical!
- I was always comfortable with the formulas so those weren't an issue for me - PMP Formula Study guide is great.
- I took 2,500 sample tests that I could and any that were wrong, I made sure that I knew why is wrong.
- Practice, practice and practice, I cannot stress enough on Practice.

Lastly, I closed my eyes and press end exam and truly is a relief to see that I passed :) , those few minutes of waiting are pure torture.

Thanks again to Mr. Fichtner.
Last but not least my wife Ioana, thanks for all the patience and support during this long journey - Love you sweetheart!

Good Luck to All of you…

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login